A-pillar trim recall

I found the plastic trim at the bottom of the nearside A pillar hanging off earlier this week. Took the car into the local dealer and apparently there is a recall for the A pillar trims as the rubber/plastic bits at the top/bottom keep comoing away from the main A pillar cover.

Anyone else been affecred by this?

The bulletin wont be in the public domain (or at least it shouldnt) Skoda wont broadcast such a thing as it cant be kept up to date. Also an a pillar trim wont be a safety recall unless I guess it has something to do with a curtain airbag then it might be. Bulletins and/or service actions just get picked up when a car comes in for a service usually with no customer notification, another good reason to take your car into the dealer for your servicing as an independant wont be able to check for such rectification work.

Is there a design fault? Mine's a new car (Apr 08 build) and we've had 2 nearside trims replaced - both the bottom strip. Shall I book it into the garage for late August in anticpation fro another replacement?

• 1 month later...

The A pillar trim on mine has just come loose too.

I had noticed the actual piece of plastic that covers the A pillar had come adrift a couple of weeks ago and was sitting proud at the bottom. I had a look behind and it had what looked like a standard push trim clip behind so I lined it back up and pushed it back on.

What's come loose now is the little rubber seal that runs along the bottom edge of the plastic trim (flapping round like a broken windscreen wiper blade).

Will have to get it booked in as I've got a few other minor things that they can look at -

Front passenger seat creaks when someone's sitting in it and we accelerate, brake or go round a corner.

And when we have the rear passenger side window open and get above 30mph, you get a loud twittering sound from the wind. Only seems to be that one window.

Anyone else had either of these problems and is anyone still waiting for their A pillar trim (is it still on back order)?

Glad it's not just me with the bird noises.

Thanks for the tips re the creaky seat - either that or my wife sits in the back.

Oh, and just remembered the other one. If I dare to get in through the drivers door when it's raining and get rain on the top of the door, I get dripped on for the next 20 minutes!

The rain sitting between the seals on top of the door works its way in and I get a wet right arm. Although I've found if I wipe the top of the door with a demister pad before closing, it does improve things.:rolleyes:

What happened to proper rain gutters that stopped the rain coming into the car?:D

No marriage is perfect. There's always a few niggly little faults with your loved one and you've just got to work together to sort them out together.

And don't forget about the wife either ......:D

Edited by DGW
Redundant quote deleted.

Oh, and just remembered the other one. If I dare to get in through the drivers door when it's raining and get rain on the top of the door, I get dripped on for the next 20 minutes!

Tell me about it! first few drips hit the seat so you get a wet ****, the next ones drip onto your arm driving you nuts. Thought it was just me.

Edit: Just realised the censorship to **** could leave ambiguity... I think i will stick with 'seat' for now ;)