Rear seat pops out of its bracket when folding...

*tim*

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Basically when I fold the single rear seat (base) up to tuck it into the rear footwell, one of the flimsy metal bars pops out of where it is connected into the bodywork. Leaving the seat base to flap around on one bracket only :(

Had a look at the seat base and nothing appears to be damaged / bent so I'm not sure why it doesn't work correctly - maybe the bracket was welded in slightly the wrong place on bodywork..?

Is this a known fault?

Many thanks!

The bracket's a kind of figure-of-8 pattern, so check the bar's in the right bit. Otherwise maybe try bending the bar a bit...???

Bar goes in the correct bit but won't stay put, it is almost as if it is bent out of shape. Gave it a quick tug but doesn't seem to stay in shape.

The 1/3 bit of my rear seat backrest does it. (drivers side)

You tip it forward and the outboard lower mount pops out.

It goes straight back in when you put the backrest in it's normal position...but I'm thinking it shouldn't pop out like that.

Sounds like some of you have a slightly different problem to mine.

Anyway, got the dealer to take a look at it and its seems that they're fixed it. It appears that they have shaved a bit of the plastic coating of the bar, which allows it to fit into the hole. Seems to work :)

I had this problem last year when I'd only had the car about 4 months. The bar used to pop out of what seemed to be small spring loaded jaws when folding the single 1/3 seat forward but always locked back in place when folded back, until one day the flimsy little plastic coating on the bar snapped off and it wouldn't lock back in place. Took it back to the dealer and they replaced the little plastic coating. Been ok ever since, but never had the same problem with the 2/3 seat at all.

The seat backs are meant to be removable. The retainer mechanism incorporates a "rotating thing" which is susceptible to pressure/force vertically. Though it's a PITA when they pop out, I agree.

To reseat them :P try relocating the pin in the hole, then leaning on it from above. You can do this whilst the seat is still folded. You can also watch the mechanism do its thing and re-retain the seat back.

J.