Last ASZ Engines

When was the change between the ASZ engine and the BLT engine? Am I right in thinking it's from cars plated 06 onwards? I've looked at a few and all have the BLT engine.

One funny thing though. As I've been round a few dealers now I have asked them about the engine hesitation with the new engine. One said that it was news to him that the engine had changed and both had never heared about the engine hesitation. Mind you both dealers were quite small and miles away from big towns or cities.

BLT was introduced from 24 October 2005 and isn't that bad so don't discount it.

The stutter issue, Once your aware of it you learn to drive around it! So not an issue!

BLT was introduced from 24 October 2005 and isn't that bad so don't discount it.

The stutter issue, Once your aware of it you learn to drive around it! So not an issue!

What do you mean drive around it? I'm not sure about the stutter and how it affects the drive. I presume when you put your foot down low range its hesitates?? How do you drive around it?

I noticed the stutter, but I really didn't find it a problem. As MikeSM56 says, it's avoidable: it happens at a specific point of switching from overrun to idle to power.

If you're driving around at about 1800rpm and you press the accelerator then there's what I'd describe as a hiccup then it all happens, It really isn't an issue unless you make it an issue!

Mine do's it 1800 revs or if your caught with the flow of traffic easing up occasionaly it can be a pain as soon as the revs drop of to 1750 or so it blips again sort of got used to it now mine is the BLT engine

Really I'm going to have to drive one.

Although there was one in LHT Gorseinon. Its was a 2006 with 42k on the clock. Far too high in my opinion but I did want to know what they drove like.

So talked with the salesman for a good 20mins about the car and then he asked if I wanted a go. I said OK and he took my licence to check something, presumably my DOB of which he could have just asked. He then said that because I'm 19 and not 21 I couldn't drive the car but he could take me for a spin.

Now if I'm going to buy a car I want to drive it. It's no good sitting in the passenger seat.

But just yesterday in another garage I asked about test driving a car I wanted and they said as long as one of the salesteam goes with me it should be fine. Shame the didn't have a Fabia in stock :(.

I fitted the 9mm from a vw dealer within a week of buying my car..runs really well.

Thing is the car is going in for service soon and is still under warranty.

Will this be picked up? Would/could they say this will invalidate my warranty?

Will fitting the Gasket cause a detremental effect on my power Figures?

No

Will this be picked up?

Very, very unlikely. You'd have to take the gasket out to have a look. Having said that, the VW gasket seems to have little tabs sticking out. But no :)

Would/could they say this will invalidate my warranty?

Its possible, but again it very unlikely. Any modification can void the warranty for that and the related parts. But you'd have to of upset the dealer pretty well for them to turn down a claim due to a gasket change.