Anyone got recent experience with Highway Insurance - Good or Bad

VRStu

It's renewal time and as I suspected Highway are coming out cheapest with the 'we'll beat your quote by 10%' gag. The benefits are the same as my current insurer.

Anyone made a claim recently? How did you fare?

Have just taken a policy out with these today!

Have heard fantastic things about them.

The only negative comment I have ever heard about them is, If you make a claim they pay out for your car and all the mods you have declared, BUT they do not give you the chance to buy your car back or any of the mods.

HTH.

Chris

My renewal is due soon - I got a quote from Brentacre today and that was with Highway.

I was told that the policy is based on an pre-agreed limit on bhp - after that other mods (styling, brakes, suspension, leather interior etc) are allowed as long as you list them and keep them informed of any changes.

That approach makes sense to me - being penalised for brake/handling improvements just feels wrong - but it would also be good to know how they perform if needed.

Used them years ago through Chris Knott.

Then they only covered cars worth less than £10k, so if you ever changed cars you'd need to change ins co. They used to have a cancellation fee which in effect was the whole policy amount, and have heard that they're not the best at valuations in the event of a total loss.

Sames as others ref buy back - not an option

Me & the mrs are both with Highway through Brentacre, cheepest quotes & mod freindly.

Only downside we've found is that they charge you admin costs (i.e if you wont to add someone to your policy £19:eek: which we never got with direct line)

Also the mrs had a claim about 6 months ago (some d##k crashed into the back of her) not her fault and she had to pay her excess £300 when her car was repaired, Brentacre told us we had to claim it back though her claim, which we are still waiting for!

Personally id sick with direct line in the future, thats if they are in the ball park with there quotes!

Im with them through Adrian Flux, i've used there claims department.

Which had some sort of confusion as to where the car was going for assesment.

Got a little stressed, but the car ended up being a write off and the payout was quite resonable and quick.

• 2 months later...

DONT DO IT!

I was hit in Feb, it took them 3 months to answer any of my calls, the approved repairer took a further 2 months to do the job, and ruined a starter motor in the process.

They promised my NCD would not be affected, but it was when I got my renewal from Adrian Flux. To this date they still have not given me my NCD back. My car is now sitting on my drive, awaiting a starter motor, taxed since Feb and covered 50 miles since Feb. Both them and Adrian Flux are rubbish, Panel Craft (IOM) are rubbish.

They still have to claim the costs back from the third party, and pay the garage - I got my car back in August FFS!

I agree with x-in-man!!! I was with them a few years ago. Police car drove in to me on a 999 call. Completely not my fault as I was stationary. Yet it took them over 13 months to say it wasn't my fault, a lot of calls on my behalf and it was with someone different each time!!!! They made a bad time worse!!! Highly UNrecommended

Have been with them before didn't claim or contact them so have nothing to base anything on. Have a mate in the trade who asked who I was with, one sharp 'builders quote' intake of breath and the following 'they are called highway for a reason' (robbers) convinvced me to move when it was up. Initial price is good but i think things can go down hill from there. As hightower has shown above.

• Sponsor
DONT DO IT!

I was hit in Feb, it took them 3 months to answer any of my calls, the approved repairer took a further 2 months to do the job, and ruined a starter motor in the process.

They promised my NCD would not be affected, but it was when I got my renewal from Adrian Flux. To this date they still have not given me my NCD back. My car is now sitting on my drive, awaiting a starter motor, taxed since Feb and covered 50 miles since Feb. Both them and Adrian Flux are rubbish, Panel Craft (IOM) are rubbish.

They still have to claim the costs back from the third party, and pay the garage - I got my car back in August FFS!

If you would like some help in finding out what is happening then please PM me your Client Ref and the best number to contact you on and i can look into it for you.Regards,Dan.