big mouth grill. what you think

Not to my taste at all to be honest.

On a more positive note, I think a few alterations could make it a lot better. IMO the lower grille cutout needs more tidying up/painting and then a black mesh would make it less 'in your face'.

I would consider replacing the upper grille with a new one, or a milotec item if you want the debadged look.

I'm sure you've put very much effort into that but my heart is bleeding seeing that. I've the same facelifted bumper in red but as far as I'd go just giving it a paint to make it more vrs-ish. All in all if you like it stick to and improve it.

i dont think it looks too bad mate, you made a good effort n took something and made it different and unique compared to the "standard" open mouth grills. nice effort and im sure with a little more you could make it flow a little better n get rid of scratches n make it look awesome. nice one

Come on guys , give the man a break:P we all have to start somewhere .Im sure not everyone is a master modder and have made some mistakes when starting out , i know i did,and still do.Maybe we should start a thread on your biggest mistake when attempting modifications.;)

I don't like it, but I don't like the wide mouth thing anyway, unless there's a reason, like a big FO FMIC for instance. I'd prefer the standard bumper, or if you have to change it, a vRS one.

I'll assume you *do* like it though, so I'll offer some constructive criticism: you need to tidy the edges, fit the mesh tighter/neater, and fill the hole where the badge was or replace the grille surround.

Here is a pic of my newly completed front grill, what does every one think of it, cheers[ATTACH]23430[/ATTACH]

Untitled-1-2.jpg

I think the angle of your big mouth doesnt suit the fabia as well as the shape would an octy etc, the two top angles that go back in look a bit hmm.

I tidied up the edges and as you said somewhere you know how to fiberglass:) smooth off the badge bit too! and yeah move your plate across or make an audi style numberplate holder like the new ones have!

2009-audi-a3-facelift.jpg