Erdington

Birmingham

B24 9RX

Tel: 0121 382 0077

Services: New, Used, Repair

Edited by DGW
Details updated

• 4 weeks later...

Have been using these guys the last two days.

VERY impressed with them. They were extremely helpful and friendly, diagnosed the problem, and also showed me exactly what was wrong. Ordered the parts in overnight and they fitted them and corrected a couple of related issues today as per agreed and within agreed price.

They also have advised me to give it 2 or 3 months to make sure everything is ok after everything has settled down and then go back so they can do a quick check up.

Needless to say, highly recommended based on my dealings with them today and I will be using them again.

Even got a sneak peak of the Superb II yesterday :drool:

• 2 months later...

My Octavia L&K TDI had its first service there recently :thumbup: Cracking service and a nice bunch of people . Coincidently there premises used to be David Hiams citreon where my C5s was always serviced.

• 6 months later...

Went in yesterday for a quote for a first service. £171 on variable and they took the car at 10am gave me a hire car and it was ready by 2pm:D

I didn't expect that and its the first dealer of any manufacturer that i've had that done.

They had my car in under warranty about 5 months ago and were excellent so i'll happily go back again.

• 3 weeks later...

they did my 30k service recently - service seemed fine, BUT:

failed to fill in the service record

tried to charge my 15 quid more than I was quoted on the phone

Its back there now for the door seals (and carpets out for a check) and the load car they wanted me to take away had the outer edge of both front tyres bald as coots - I apologised and said I could not take it as it was my license, so they got me a spanking new greenline.

More when the work is finished..........

Work done now -

Car cleaned, door sealed, air con tested and drained, refilled, and discovered it seems misting A/C is a trait of all skoda's as they tried a selection of cars they had and they all had the same fault to some extent.

Greenline was suprisingly good too.

So a few nit picks and a few bonuses, like a new window switch plate (must have damaged the original one) and some glue on a rear window glass that was soon cleaned off.

Curteous, polite and accurate communication, so not too bad at all, but not perfect.

Edited by micklecats
Update

My Octy 2 VRS TDI just had its 1st variable service (at the usual 18K) with these chaps. Car was picked up from my work, serviced, aircon problem sorted, cleaned, service book signed and car returned to my work place. All sorted over the phone. No complaints from me. Simples !:D

• 1 year later...

I was all ready to put a deposit down on an Octavia VRS pending a test drive, and so rang up these guys to arrange one (without mentioning the impending purchase too much). Turned up and it was all a rather rushed affair, the overall impression I got was that they just couldn't be bothered, and had better things to be doing. The test drive was short, but I got what I needed out of it. Back at the salesperson's desk, when I indicated my readiness to put down a deposit on an order, things didn't improve much - and when I asked how near they could get to the drivethedeal.com price, they clearly were not interested whatsoever. Which is a shame, because I said normally I wouldn't expect them to match or better it, but to get close - after all, some cost has to be put onto the service they offer. The problem for them was, the service they offered to me up to that point was farcical, and they were asking a £1000 premium over the DTD price for what amounted to very little.

I walked away, fed up of dealers all across the country who just have no interest in 'haggling', and placed my order with DTD.

When it comes to my first service, I'll give these guys another chance but it will be make or break time for them, I think.

• 10 months later...

This was my first disappointment with the Skoda sales experience. Having had to pull teeth to get a quote (admittedly there were a couple of dealer fit items) I just could not get the sales person to take an interest/reply to emails/return my calls. I had the feeling that they were selling so many cars that my requirement was not important. I took £22k of my company's money and bought elsewhere.

• 5 months later...

i had a problem with my car dropped it off there left the keys and told them to fix it the service and quality of work they done was perfect i think it just was the price that raly disapointed me witch is not just aimed at this dealers its all of thier prices but overall the workmanship was good plus they gave the car a valet for free plus gave me a big discount for my bartering skills but overall not a bad experience plus the car was done realy quik and back to happy motoring :)

There are some competent people at this dealer; unfortunately there are some of the other persuasion.

I took my Superb for service this week and asked for a minor alteration to the phone system. The car was handed over without the change and I was told that they did not know how to do it. (!)

Three years ago I had a problem with my wife's Fabia and was told the same thing, by the same person. Not, I hasten to add, the service manager.

Then I saw a salesman and asked for a quote on a new car; he said he would phone me. Perhaps I should not have mentioned internet prices as I have heard no more from him.

The Dealer Principal is an old sparing partner of mine and I thought I might mention my experience to him. But what the hell, why should I bother with them, there are other dealers.

Edited by billhum

• 1 year later...

I would never buy a car from CENTRAL SKODA BIRMINGHAM TYBURN ROAD again. I have already had a mk 2 fabia vrs rejected because of high oil consumption and noises they can't fix . I was given a brand new one at my expense (fabia vrs mk 2). Which has had the following problems :

•cracked radiator

•driverside window switch

•high oil consumption and engine management light, which resulted in me taking my car to them on 5 separate occasions all 2 weeks apart and been told the car was fine each time and they had deleted the codes.

•my car brakes down and has a new engine , they tried to give me a 1.2 polo as a courtesy car and I had to push for a diesel golf!

•locking nut key snapped when I was using the factory supplied kit to undo a wheel. The service guy graham argued with me for 10 mins saying I would have to buy a whole set of nuts with the new locking key, when I full well know from previous experience that each key is supplied with 1 nut. A manager then came out had a look on the computer and confirmed I was right!

•ticking noise from back wheel, car has been in to the dealer over five times for this, they can clearly hear the noise and have done adjustments each time , which has made no difference, they last thing they said to me when I booked it In for the sixth time yesterday was we're doing you a favour here because Skoda uk arnt paying us because we don't know what part is faulty!!! Wtf what has that got to do with me ?

The service guys don't know much about cars here, and mechanics can't fix my car so it's either unfixable or they also don't know much about cars! Lol

Finally they tried to sell me four wheel alignment on my fabia mk 2 vrs lol when I full well know that the back is none adjustable on this model so only front wheel tracking is required.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Met one of their sales guys, David, yesterday after just dropping in the look at a VRS Octavia. After fairly poor attitude from the Leicester Skoda I wasn't expecting much but this chap was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable despite the fact he knew I was a lease car owner.

I would recommend visiting this guy, I'll be taking my work there rather than Leicester just based on the fact he wanted to help.

Its changed hands now and is now called Johnsons Skoda Birmingham 

The rude owner of yesteryears has gone and the staff seem more empowered and service focussed, I looked to take my custom elsewhere but decided to give the new owners a chance and they were really helpful 

Stuart, graham and Anca were all very helpful I would definately recommend now, but wouldnt have under the old regime 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered a new Octavia in November 2013 for delivery 1st March, had to wait til 19th, then they got the spec wrong.  Has taken several calls to Skoda UK to sort it out.  Finally got the spec I ordered only to have the parking sensors pack in the next day.  They don't return calls or have any idea of customer service, will NOT be going there again under any circumstances, making arrangements for service elsewhere.

Now waiting on Skoda UK to sort out the sensors as Central/Johnsons are useless.

Ordered a new Octavia in November 2013 for delivery 1st March, had to wait til 19th, then they got the spec wrong.  Has taken several calls to Skoda UK to sort it out.  Finally got the spec I ordered only to have the parking sensors pack in the next day.  They don't return calls or have any idea of customer service, will NOT be going there again under any circumstances, making arrangements for service elsewhere.

Now waiting on Skoda UK to sort out the sensors as Central/Johnsons are useless.

Despite Skoda UK getting involved these dealers still refuse to sort the problem out. Cant fault Skoda head office but as for the dealer well don't think admin would allow me to publish the number of expletives I could use about them.  They have really put me of this brand which is a real shame cos I love the car.

• 1 month later...

Took my Superb in to have a new sat nav base plate fitted (as confirmed by another dealer), and the gearbox checked as I am struggling on occasion to get first gear.

After two days the car was returned with nothing having been done, they could not find any faults. The gearbox still has the same problem. The dealer also had the audacity to advise that the sat nav problem may be a 'geographical' issue, despite not being able to find anywhere on a recent trip to Cardiff.

Complete waste of time.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I didn't think they were very good when i used them once, was told it might take a couple of weeks to find to find what the issue with my reverse parking senors was. Took the second dealer i took it too 1 hour to sort out.

• 2 months later...

Rang them last week to see if they could provide the service history for my car as it's had 5 x variable services there. The answer I got was no because the computer system had been changed when they rebranded from Central to Johnsons. That may have been true but just felt like they couldn't be bothered.

• 2 months later...

Bought my octavia estate from johnsons and had a radio problem from day one.they had it in twice to fix the problem.after getting the car back the aux input didn't work they had it back and kept it for two days and couldn't fix the problem,also asked for the anti hijack to be activated but they said couldn't be done on my model (or couldn't be bothered).i met up with a member off this site with vcds and within 5mins aux was working and another 5mins and the anti hijacking was working and the drls.the moral of this winge is don't bother with johnsons.

• 3 months later...

I am to get my Skoda Fabia 2015 in about 3 weeks from them. They can't be bothered to give me any updates since I ordered with them. They don't return my calls, nothing. They are not interested at all I think in customer satisfaction. I think I'm going to buy it and then just go to another proper skoda dealer for services and everything else. Johnson's Skoda? No F$kin way..

• 1 month later...

I had the displeasure of dealing with this dealer recently. I really wanted the car I bought in the end, though the sales process was abismal. They are currently in portacabins which makes the whole process completely unsatisfactory.

The test drive was less than 2 miles.

No haggling on price was allowed.

No goodwill gestures.

No offer of a drink in my first visit or any kind of customer service. I was offered a drink following an hours wait (as I could not pay for the car as the person holding the keys had gone home at 12pm!)

I asked about collection from the train station, even this seemed an effort for them and they would only get me from a local station, so I would have an extra un-neccessary train journey.

They didn't do what I agreed on the car (paint and interior marks) though by then I had just had enough and could not be bothered to argue.

I cannot recommend dealer. I have had far better experiences elsewhere and this is the worst process I have been through when buying a car.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

This is a dealer to avoid.

I have purchased a car here and never again. Btw the dealer name is not central skoda limited. It changed a while ago.

A few points:

1. I was offered a ludicrous finance package. Monthly payments so ridiculously high i could have got the same deal on a lambo or porsche.

2. Technicians inability to diagnose faults. 

3. Lack of answers from service managers when faults are found then not found.

4. Test drive during fault observations my car was treated like a sports car around town. I was present in the car thus i had to interject to the master tech driver that i dont drive in that manner.

5. Watching a salesman in his element attempting to 'sell' a kodiaq to a browsing customer. The salesman had not done his homework. He could barley answer the questions thrown at him. Constantly looking at his phone/PDA the salesmen looked uninterested.

6. My car is now missing the ice scraper in the fuel cap since its visit.