For those that like chillis . . .

yashicamat

. . . you'll probably love the stuff I've made tonight. Chilli Vodka!:D

attachment.php?attachmentid=23834&d=1220135042

Probably need a few weeks before it's ready. The little red ones are birdseye chillis, the others are finger chillis. I've slitted them as well with a knife so as to let the vodka mingle a bit better.:)

Ever since trying something similar at Revolutions in Manchester, I've been meaning to try this myself.:thumbup:

23834.attach

Forget the chillis, I'll have just the Vodka:thumbup: Have you tried sloe Vodka?:boozer:

I've had home-made sloe gin before now (my aunty used to make it). Very nice, very moreish but really quite lethal.:eek: Drank like fruit juice but still got the strength of neat gin.

I've had home-made sloe gin before now (my aunty used to make it). Very nice, very moreish but really quite lethal.:eek: Drank like fruit juice but still got the strength of neat gin.

Sloe Vodka has just the same effect :rofl::rofl:

Sloe Vodka has just the same effect :rofl::rofl:

:rofl:

Probably works out as a less sweet version than gin? I think gin lends itself to fruits better as it's fruit based, whenas vodka is a bit more versatile. Googling revealed garlic vodka as well.:eek: Don't think that'd sell well in fashionable nightclubs.:rofl:

Theres a vodka bar in Edinburgh called Bar Kohl and it has hundreds of different flavoured vodkas,

105784o.jpg

Pride of place in the middle of the bar is a big conical bottle which must hold about 40 litres and i would recon a good few hundred chillies. Now i love chillies but one of these at the beginning of the night is enough to spoil your drinking enjoyment, your taste buds get totally frazzled.

Never play drinking games in there, you aways know what your going to get :P

Theres a vodka bar in Edinburgh called Bar Kohl and it has hundreds of different flavoured vodkas,

I've been in there :thumbup: - impressive range :cool:

I do like my Vodka - still getting through a rather impressive haul someone I know kindly delivered to me from Moscow :D

So Rob - when you opening your own bar? Could be lethal - start on the homebrew, then it's downhil from there :rofl:

Steve

Had a little sample this evening . . . pretty warming already. :D

Erm... That's going to be quite something after a few days.

A mate's into this making things into "thing + vodka". Best but weird was Aztec Gold Vodka. So much choc in it, it was solid (or sludgy) @ room temp. It needed to be heated to pour properly.

Also try Fox's Glacier mints. :)

J.

Haha fantastic! Although personally I wouldn't have gone for the Birds Eye chile, a small amount of a Habanero would give a better flavour IMO.

Googling reveals that Scotch Bonnets are the chilli of choice. I was just using what was readily available.:o Maybe next time!

I've read it can go very bitter after a few weeks so I'll be sampling fairly regularly I think.:D

Googling reveals that Scotch Bonnets are the chilli of choice. I was just using what was readily available.:o Maybe next time!

I've read it can go very bitter after a few weeks so I'll be sampling fairly regularly I think.:D

It will go off within 2 weeks, so best get it used :)

Scotch Bonnets, reminds of the time a mate of mine put some on toast to spice

it up a bit. He ran into the garden with his face on fire :rofl: