Wobblytickle Nipple Mate

whats the point?

its not as though we need the fuel that often unless you do mega mileage

isn't 400 plus miles to the tank not enough for you?

Quite. :D

I see you drive, as well as a standard Furb, an Impreza, with an awesome 335BHP!

But what's the point?

What's wrong with the Furb?

Just how fast do you need to get to 60mph?

And just how high does your ultimate top speed have to be?

You are aware, aren't you, that the maximum speed permitted on any British road is only 70mph? ;)

Oh, wait, don't tell me, it's a track day car. :rolleyes:

whats the point?

its not as though we need the fuel that often unless you do mega mileage

isn't 400 plus miles to the tank not enough for you?

Thats what I think but each to their own!:thumbup:

[geek mode] Makes calculated MPG figures less accurate too as it's not easy to fill to exactly the same point each time [/geek mode]:rolleyes:

I have to say that's quite cool....

What's next of the Wobblytickle Heavy Industry production line ???

Well, what would you like?

We currently do one other product, though, from the name, it's perhaps not immediately obvious (C-B-G spray):

http://briskoda.net/fabia-i/driven-mad-creaky-seat/123428/#post1440769

[geek mode] Makes calculated MPG figures less accurate too as it's not easy to fill to exactly the same point each time [/geek mode]:rolleyes:

Sorry, but you could not be more wrong. :P

As I am able to fill until I can actually see the fuel (just about to overflow), I know that I am filling to precisely the same point. ;)

Unless you can see a flaw in my reasoning, of course.

a few motorcyclists i know would be annoyed about this invention... no matter how well sealed the cap may be they say some drops can still escape and spilled diesel on the road no matter how little the drop is, can be a killer to motorbikers...

Last summer i was filling my tank and about to brim it when a motorcyclist came over to tell me off for filling my tank and filler neck because only a month earlier his friend had come off his bike and broken his leg on a roundabout where diesel had been spilled... although to be fair the diesel in that instance had probably come out of a truck rather than a car......

So this annoys the bikers even though it's 99% safe? I get annoyed by some of their driving habits - squeezing through non existant gaps, forcing cars to move over, blinding drivers by having their headlights on full beam, etc.

Hey Mr WT, one omission!!

I may have found a potential fault - there is no mention of adding any 'C-B-G' to the mounting holes of the 'WT nipple mate' to stop it from creaking!!!

Remember this will also prevent the fishy odour that can some time build up after repeated use.

You can't be too careful now can you?

It's not about how much the fuel expands, it's more about the vapour.

How so?

Generally its ok and I brim the tank nearly every time I fill up but it only takes one really hot day and one full tank to cause a lot of damage.

How so?

What happens?

To say there is no risk involved is really not correct.

Actually, I think you'll find I did in fact say:

"Not if there is no risk."

Please note the word 'if'.

I also said:

"And, from what I read, there aint:"

Here, to any barely lucid person at least, it is obvious that this risk assessment is based on my interpretation of what I have read only.

It was not meant to be an absolute risk waiver.

I fully appreciate that everything has some risk attached to it.

Driving, eating, crossing the road, shark wrestling etc.

However, from what I have read and the testimonies of hardcore modders, I, personally, believe the risk to be negligible.

From what you have read there would appear to be very little risk and the science generally supports this but there is obviously some otherwise the manufacturer would not have wasted time and money installing such a system.

Maybe, maybe not.

Perhaps Skoda just saved some pennies on the diesel fuel filler neck assembly by using the one from the petrol model (even though it really wasn't necessary on safety grounds)? ;)

The information given on this site is to inform people of their choices and give them good quality advice on what could be right for them. Best leave it there really :thumbup:

Er, hello....

McFly, McFly. :confused:

That's what I do ("inform people of their choices and give them good quality advice on what could be right for them").

As in:

"Read more about the inherent safety in this 'ventectomy' guide:

http://briskoda.net/technical-guides...apacity/99759/"

Pity you weren't paying attention.

Some things never change, eh? ;)

a few motorcyclists i know would be annoyed about this invention... no matter how well sealed the cap may be they say some drops can still escape and spilled diesel on the road no matter how little the drop is, can be a killer to motorbikers...

'They say', you say?

Doesn't make it true, though, does it?

And if a cap is sealed, as in the traditional sense of the word, then nothing can leak out.

Believe me, if I thought diesel could leak out, I wouldn't brim my tank.

You see, I am a biker too, though currently bikeless (my last one was a Kwakker KLX 650 that I had supermotoed long before supermotos were popular over here ;)).

... although to be fair the diesel in that instance had probably come out of a truck rather than a car....

The defence rests, you honour. :thumbup:

Last summer i was filling my tank and about to brim it when a motorcyclist came over to tell me off for filling my tank and filler neck because only a month earlier his friend had come off his bike and broken his leg on a roundabout where diesel had been spilled... although to be fair the diesel in that instance had probably come out of a truck rather than a car......

Thanks to diesel on a roundabout, I am probably the only person that has driven a Toyota Corolla sideways (non-rally of course). It's lethal stuff.