2003 Octavia 2.0 central locking and power window problems

Jaypee

Hey!

My mom bought a 2003 2.0l octy (ambiente) and there are really big problems with this one.

The front power windows (the back windows arent electrical) are stuck, can't be opened or closed.

Also the central lock does not work. The remote control blinks indicating the battery is ok. When you lock the doors by key only the front doors lock and the rear doors and the hatch stay open.

EDIT: The interior light is dead too.

EDIT2: The leftside electric mirror is also out.

Any ideas?

Edited by Jaypee

1. Windows not moving - dodgy regulators maybe

2. Doors not locking I would suspect a wiring fault in the loom between the drivers door and the chassis, or near to the control convenience unit (located in the dash, iirc)

I was under the impression that these two faults are somehow linked? ie they are behind the same fuse? Also I noticed that the manual tells that fuse #6 is for central locking unit, and there's no fuse there, nor a stem to put one in?

It is possible the two faults are linked.

Will the front windows open/close on the key (keep it held in the lock on the 'lock' position should cause the windows to go up, and in the unlock position to make them drop).

I've seen a problem like this cause by the convenience controller getting screwed up. It was necessary to reset the module (46) by saving to channel 0 and then programming the keys on channel 1.

It could of course be a faulty controller or wiring.

...I'll prolly put my money on wiring. To be more accurate the wires coming from the left (drivers) side door. That bundle of wires can cause all the faults above if disconnected. However, I won't touch it (at least for now) since the dealer is responsible for fixing the faults. It just bugs me cause I bet there'll be a simple solution to this like clean a connector ....