refueling VRS fabia

sifelicia

Hi,

I recently have purchased a vrs fabia and when refueling the pump clicked off and so i put another couple of quid in thinking it was full and to my astonishment it wasn't.

Now i have never owned a diesel before but am aware that it "froths" up a bit, so is there a fool proof method of refilling it so i get a full tank:)

There is a vent valve on the foward edge of the fuel orifice, when the pump clicks off use the nozzle to press the valve down slightly, the tank pressure is released and you get more fuel in.

Go carefull the first few times you do it as it may surprise you when it does vent

Cheers

AC

Hi,

I recently have purchased a vrs fabia and when refueling the pump clicked off and so i put another couple of quid in thinking it was full and to my astonishment it wasn't.

Now i have never owned a diesel before but am aware that it "froths" up a bit, so is there a fool proof method of refilling it so i get a full tank:)

You need a Nipple Mate, mate: http://briskoda.net/fabia-i/wobblytickle-nipple-mate/121861/

You shouldnt fill to the max. As the fuel expands, it has nowhere to go, so will happily leak down your lovely paintwork.

The usual culprit of pumps clicking to early is vapour in the tank. Get it all the time on the works mondy as I run it right down to vapours before refilling. Makes filling a blast when it clicks every 5p!

as soon as it clicks on me i stop wait 5-10 seconds and carry on slowly and this ensures im up to brim, then a drive home normally clocks up 10 miles so a litre or so out of the tank will give surfice space for expansion etc.

You shouldnt fill to the max. As the fuel expands, it has nowhere to go, so will happily leak down your lovely paintwork.

The usual culprit of pumps clicking to early is vapour in the tank. Get it all the time on the works mondy as I run it right down to vapours before refilling. Makes filling a blast when it clicks every 5p!

IIRC, as diesel has a low expansion coefficient upon heating, such an effect is negligible.

Not so for petrol, tho.

Further, the cap itself keeps the diesel in.

And even should it somehow manage to escape, which it won't, there's a wee drain hole under the filler so paintwork is not at risk (see Nipple Mate pic).

Totally brimmed my motor today (the fuel was practically level with the filler) and no diesely drips were to be found despite some spirited driving on twisty, undulating roads.

Edited by Mr Wobblytickle

By accident?

By "experimented", I meant "****ed up" and for "unfavourable results", read "a £400 bill by the time you include fuel, recovery and train costs".

Back on topic, I've been experimenting with "brimming" and "the V-Spot". :eek:Though I can squeeze an extra £10 in, it doesn't seem to make much difference to the overall miles I get from the tank (about 550)

Last time I filled up I vented the tank and filled it brim full, not that full though that it was ****ing out everywhere but you know what I mean lol

I did over 200 miles before the fuel gauge moved :D its just dropped off 3/4 now and iv done about 320 miles :D:D:D Im loving the economy :cool:

Anyone on here ride a bike? Ever gone into a corner only to smell diesel followed a split second later by one/both wheels sliding away from you?

I have....my a**e left grip marks on the seat. Next fill up just put the nozzle back wwhen it clicks off, it'll leave more time for driving

And yeah I'm a newbie so flame away ;-)

Anyone on here ride a bike? Ever gone into a corner only to smell diesel followed a split second later by one/both wheels sliding away from you?

I have....my a**e left grip marks on the seat. Next fill up just put the nozzle back wwhen it clicks off, it'll leave more time for driving

And yeah I'm a newbie so flame away ;-)

Why do you expect to get flamed? You have made a valid point :)

And welcome :)