Superb Elegance 2005 55 plate 1.9 TDi price

pdd0773

Hi

I am interested in buying the above car which I have run from new as a company car. It will be 3 years old end November and will have approximately 80k miles.

The leasing company we use want £7000 for it.

Does this sound reasonable??

Can anybody give a p/x value for the car??

Cheers

seems a bit pricey in my opinion.......my comfort facelift superb with 18k on the clock the dealer offered me 9k for it!!! they seem only interested in making money, hoping the seller will let them have the car for a pittance and then sell it on for another 4-5k......in your case id shop around, ive seen lower mileage elegances in some dealerships and even less privately....sounds like the lease comapany want it all!!...hope you find the car that you really want.let us know if you do purshase a luxury motor.regards andy

Buy it, you won't find another Elegance on a 55 plate for 7k

I am leaning towards this... but:

Although I remember not so long ago there was a particular Edition 100 for sale on here for not much over 8k...

Lower miles, more toys, etc... but that said at least you know the exact history of your car and I think that is worth a few quid.

Sorry for sitting on the fence! :rolleyes:

Great advice looking at the trade in values! :rolleyes:

If it's in very good condition then a car with a PX value of 6.5k would end up on a main dealer forecourt for close to 8k , so if the leasing company have started by offering to sell at 7k then it's not a bad deal at all.

Haggle a few hundred quid off and you are basically getting it at trade price

If you're thinking of buying this one off the lease company and trading it in against a Superb II then it looks like the numbers don't add up from the trade-in values given below.

Agreed, the trade in even from Skoda dealers is pretty poor. I don't think you'll see that full 7k - best to just put a 7k deposit down on a Superb II if that's your plan.

Ah sorry I thought you wanted it for yourself, as a trade in I would hazzard a guess they will offer about 5.5k for it, it seems the traders are not wanting any Superb models, so the dealers aren't wanting to get stuck with them, the most rediculous thing is that the car is a very economic large car, mine averages 30mpg and the lads with manual ones see around 40mpg, a Mondeo or a 407 won't get these figures, they will be lucky to see 35 mpg overall, yet ppl still want the cramped up buckets, crazy world full of sheep if you ask me, I still get ppl sneer at mine when they get in, this is a nice car mate what is it? a Skoda mate, oh no not a Skoda they say, now why would you be such an ignaranus as to say what a nice car and when told act like someone served you up burger at the Dorchester?

Sorry - lost my internet connection!

Yes - the car is for myself (well my wife actually). I have just ordered a new Superb SE so the opportunity to buy my existing company car is there.

It is not for trade in etc but personal use.

I am not looking to buy it and sell it - so am not canvassing for business!

Just wanted to know whether £7k was fair

Although I remember not so long ago there was a particular Edition 100 for sale on here for not much over 8k...

Lower miles, more toys, etc... but that said at least you know the exact history of your car and I think that is worth a few quid.

Sorry for sitting on the fence! :rolleyes:

And still for sale :D :

http://briskoda.net/skodas-sale/superb-edition-100-pd130-manual/123626/

For an 80k car, I think that is overpriced - I wouldn't pay more than £6500 for it. If you were trading that in, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd offer £5k or even less. :(

I thought you were keeping it for a while? Argh. You and your temptation :rolleyes:

The way it's going I will be keeping it for a while yet. Not a good time to be selling at the moment - nothing seems to be shifting :(

As to the topic starter - I'd try a cheeky offer of £5500 and see what they say. You know the car so it'll be worth more to you as you know the history, but to the lease company - they're just going to want to get shot with as little hassle as possible.

What would the lease company do if they do not sell it to you? probably send it to auction then only get 'trade' for it, which is probably around the figure kprm77 suggests. I would make a cheeky offer, its worth keeping if you have run it since new and looked after it and maintained it fully you know the car which is worth quite a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Although I remember not so long ago there was a particular Edition 100 for sale on here for not much over 8k...:rolleyes:

Said Edition 100 is now well under 8K now, with all the toys, lower miles etc etc.:thumbup:

Ian:thumbup:

I've recently bought a 55 reg elegance for £7300 with 81k on the clock and still think I've got a bargain!!

I was waiting for ages to find a elegance with a cream interior for 7k ish and was expecting to get a 2003 or 2004 car but the 55 reg one turned up so I bought that!!

Depends on what you want really. I was picky! The highish milage didn't really bother me too much as I've had Golf and Passat TDi's before with highish mileage and the engine has never been a problem. Yes it may well devalue but it does have the toys. And if you know the car then that sounds even better!!

• 5 weeks later...
Well! I have just received a p/x valuation on a new Superb for my old Superb 55 plate 1.9 Elegance with 80k.

The valuation from my local dealer was £4100.

Does this sound about right??

I am no expert, but that sounds remarkably low, in fact derisory, for a p/x, but that is what dealers do, offer you peanuts for your trade in. If I could turn back the clock a week I would have bought your car off you for more than £4100!

Well! I have just received a p/x valuation on a new Superb for my old Superb 55 plate 1.9 Elegance with 80k.

The valuation from my local dealer was £4100.

Does this sound about right??

Get the book price here

Vauxhall Motors UK | Finance & Services | Value your car

Though trade-in values are all over the shop at the moment , and usually down