turbo downpipe

skovrs

Hi every one can anyone tell me where a can get a bigger bore turbo downpipe for ma octy vrs mk1. A have already got a full miltek system with a jetex sports cat a know that miltek do a down pipe wi cat but at this close to xmas thats to dear for me. and a would rather put a larger one on than getting a standerd one. Any help would be sound:thumbup:

Or would a be better going for a complete downpipe with a decat pipe if so would a get a noticeable power gain if a do that car already has a carbonio cai kit full miltek exh jetex sports cat and a remap think its bout 230ish and if a did get a decat what do a do bout the lambda sensors do a just take them off all together

Also consider a sports cat rather than no cat, keeps the car just legal, saves hassle at MOT time & they arent that expensive. Try Blue Flame for a quote as well if you go for a full system.

Full Decat is also terribly boomey which can become nausious on long journeys

Also consider a sports cat rather than no cat, keeps the car just legal, saves hassle at MOT time & they arent that expensive. Try Blue Flame for a quote as well if you go for a full system.

Full Decat is also terribly boomey which can become nausious on long journeys

Sorry just re re read your post & yopu already have a sports cat, Ive had sports cat & no cat, I found no cat just a pain noise wise, nice spitting flames though :D

If you change anything you wiill need another remap to get the best out of it

Miltek do one but its app for off road purposes and dosnt come with a garantee and its still 200 for that. A have heard that star performance do one so am gona try them so will keep you posted

Still struggling to get a down pipe and then a thought of just getting a decat pipe and cutting it. But the decat pipes a can only get are 2.5 inch and thats the same size as the bore on ma sports cat so is there anywhere that doea a decat pipe with a 3 inch bore

Ebay Item number: 120312276301 Do away with the cat - don't be a half arsed tuner!! These fit with the Miltek system, cut down the reducer section and hook up your Lambda sensors. Will probably put your EML on but whatever you do to get more power is simply bypassing the emmisions junk so you should expect the EML to come on. These are 3" off the turbo and the reducer fits the 2.5" Miltek exhausts.

Have you had any quotes from a custom exhaust maker?

Yes a have and they say that they cant do it as the pipe is to big at the turbo end and they dont do pipes that are that big at one side than the other if you know what a mean.

thinking boud just getting a decat pipe and cutting it to suit. maybe getting a custom exhaust place to enlarge the flange to fit my sports cat. In failing that a have a mate who says he could butt weld it. he has done that to his whole exh on his 450 bhp vr6 turbo caddy and its fine. a just dont want my light on even if car ok as it would just nip ma head being on all the time:thumbup:

3" one:

VW GOLF 4 1.8T GTI 20V TURBO DECAT DOWNPIPE DOWN PIPE on eBay, also Exhaust Components, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 11-Oct-08 08:16:38 BST)

I have this one, 2.5":

VW GOLF GTi BEETLE CUPRA A3 20v T TURBO DE CAT DOWNPIPE on eBay, also Exhaust Components, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 08-Oct-08 18:46:21 BST)

and cut the resonator box out to replace with a 200CEL cat welded in it's place.

I can't vouch for the first one, but the second one is good quality. Based on the amount of space I have round mine, I would imagine the 3" one would be a tight squeeze especially over the steering rack.

I have both lambda's fitted and never had the MIL light on, although there is pretty much always a "catalytic converter system innefficiency" or suchlike fault logged whenever I look :)

Remember that it the standard item is one piece, downpipe and cat.

You would need a universal item with the right bore size ends on it to suit the diameter of the downpipe. You then cut a section out of the de-cat downpipe and weld in the cat. Simple :)

Only problem is most of the cost is in the cat so you may be better off buying a proper downpipe with incorperated sports cat. Would probably work out the same. These are avaliable from people like, Magnex, Piper, Miltek etc...

I hope this helps

buy a sports Cat (200CEL seems to be most reliable) from the States or Australia, they are sooo much cheaper. I bought mine for £75 including stupid delivery cost and import duty, been on the car now for 2+ years and works fine, no MIL light or MOT problems so far :)

£75.00, that is good :)

To be fair that was a couple of years ago and it was a good deal, but you can get for £100-120 or so now for weld-in 4" diameter cat's

No need to be paying £250+ which is what some seem to be costing

buy a sports Cat (200CEL seems to be most reliable) from the States or Australia, they are sooo much cheaper. I bought mine for £75 including stupid delivery cost and import duty, been on the car now for 2+ years and works fine, no MIL light or MOT problems so far :)

That sounds to good to be true :thumbup:

Any suggestion for the supplier in the us or aus?

Cheers

Igor:)

Remember that it the standard item is one piece, downpipe and cat.

You would need a universal item with the right bore size ends on it to suit the diameter of the downpipe. You then cut a section out of the de-cat downpipe and weld in the cat. Simple :)

Only problem is most of the cost is in the cat so you may be better off buying a proper downpipe with incorperated sports cat. Would probably work out the same. These are avaliable from people like, Magnex, Piper, Miltek etc...

I hope this helps

Not exactly sure what you mean neebur as my car has a sports cat already its one where the original cat was cut out as a know already that they one piece. dont think if a do what a said a was going to do would be as dear as buying a miltek sports cat. as a decat pipe is 90 and 35 for my neebur to weld it compared to 400 for a miltek sports cat:thumbup:

So do the sports cats that come from america come with downpipe?? if so where do a get one as it sounds like a diesel at the mo