This guy has outdone one of our own !

BigW

am i the only person that thinks this isn't that bad?? paint job is a tad loud and painting a gearbox is silly but other than that what's wrong??

it's a well known trick to file a slot into a combustion chamber like that, but i wouldn't do it, i don't like the way he's modified the valves by dishing the heads because it might weaken them, but the theory is pretty sound

am i the only person that thinks this isn't that bad?? paint job is a tad loud and painting a gearbox is silly but other than that what's wrong??

it's a well known trick to file a slot into a combustion chamber like that, but i wouldn't do it, i don't like the way he's modified the valves by dishing the heads because it might weaken them, but the theory is pretty sound

I agree the theory is fine, but I think its like the old driving adage of your ambition outweighing your ability.

The guys claims of 900 WHP are crazy when you see what the likes of Norris has to do to get even near that, and its carried out with rubbish cheap ebay parts and some poor engineering fitting them.

The guys claims of 900 WHP are crazy when you see what the likes of Norris has to do to get even near that,

yes agreed, i though that sounded a bit optimistic, i reckon 400 tops and i think that is a very good effort by the fella to get there

I agree the theory is fine, but I think its like the old driving adage of your ambition outweighing your ability.

The guys claims of 900 WHP are crazy when you see what the likes of Norris has to do to get even near that, and its carried out with rubbish cheap ebay parts and some poor engineering fitting them.

not to mention that nothing was measured when they were building the engine because the parts were new so they assumed everything would be spot on, the poor welding throughout, the way the boost pipes were bodged when the FMIC had to be moved and that bodged clutch :eek:

the poor welding throughout, the way the boost pipes were bodged when the FMIC had to be moved and that bodged clutch :eek:

i've seen much worse than that, and to be fair butt welding 2 tubes is one of the most difficult techniques to get right.. but i must say those hastily reworked intercooler tubes can't flow that well with a z bend like that. but i reckon his welding is a lot better than most poeple on that site who are quick to criticise:)

p1010714yy9.jpg

this is a prime example, i can tell you, it's not easy welding a casting onto something extruded or cold drawn/rolled. it takes a lot of skill, and imho this actually looks very well done

Edited by TeflonTom

i've seen much worse than that, and to be fair butt welding 2 tubes is one of the most difficult techniques to get right.. but i must say those hastily reworked intercooler tubes can't flow that well with a z bend like that. but i reckon his welding is a lot better than most poeple on that site who are quick to criticise:)

maybe so, but they don't probably don't do it as part of their profession and charge people for it and that's the difference; this doesn't seem to be some bloke knocking the project up in his shed, it's a pro "tuner" building a demo car

That is totally illeagl here in Spain, they even limit you you to how much you can change your wheels, for example I cant go from 15's to higher than 17's. Tuning here is usually limited to body kits and ICE and useless stupid loud exhausts.

Edited by gilesk