Who's getting up early?

moley

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes 5.30, I thought Monaco was the only half past the hour start. Of course it has been known for the Japanese to turn up an hour early before:rolleyes:

some very odd FIA decisions again.

interesting that you can now be penalised for not hitting someone, and potentially you can be penalised for either a: leaving the pits and holding your line or b: spinning whilst someone else leaves the pits depending on what they do to massa/bourdais

its as said on similar thread about the FIA its not so much the decisions but the lack of consistency..... :rofl:

welll proof the FIA are "unbelieveably" biased yet again...

Hamilton didnt push kimi wide... kovi did......

fuji.jpg

yet ham got the drive through for "forcing a car off the track"

no doubt Bel will argue its a photoshop to protect his beloved FIArrari....

I think the Stewards probably gave Hamilton a penalty for the way he braked forcing the Ferrari wide, if that was the case it is a strange decision. At nearly every GP we see drivers forcing other drivers wide, towards the pit wall or off the track, we see cars further down the grid loosing nose cones, spinning off etc. How often are penalties dished out for these start line manouveres? Perhaps the stewards have forgotten that it is a race that is taking place and drivers are fighting for position.

There appears to be a certain amount of paranoia everytime somebody overtakes, 'will the stewards look into that incident?'

I didn't really see too much wrong with the start & the Massa Hamilton incident was a bit 50/50, I think the red mist decended in the Mclaren and he didn't play the percentages, he then put himself in a position where Massa was going to have a go. Hamilton is a good driver, but he needs a few more years to mature into a great driver, Alonso has passed that phase and it shows. Kimi? I think he's asleep most of the race and driving on autopilot

I think the Stewards probably gave Hamilton a penalty for the way he braked forcing the Ferrari wide, if that was the case it is a strange decision.

I think the stewards gave him a penalty beacuase they could and

Max tells them that they should. There has AFAIK never been a penalty for forcing someone wide/off track WITHOUT CONTACT ever from any previous F1 start.... (not to mention that as the pic clearly shows... Ham didnt force kimi off track Kovi did.)

:rofl:

Alonso drove a good race again, Kimi is just not that interested, Piquet was solid for once but im starting to feel sorry for Massa cos a win in WDC this year would be pretty hollow for him after so much "outside" interferece.

Working in Berlin over the weekend, I only managed to catch the race on RTL with german commentating so I didn't understand much.

In fact I didn't understand the Hamilton / Massa drive through penalty and at first was outraged because I thought it was for the overtaking in the second lap. But it was for forcing going off wide at the start :confused:

Wow the FIA being biased?

Bourdais gets 25sec penalty to give Massa and extra point.

This is just getting embarassing.

What did he allegedly do wrong?

Also must have dozed off towards the end - I remember the good Raikonnen / Kubica scrap and Piquet catching up. Then I see Raikonnen get past Kubica (:() then I see Kubica back in front and Piquet just disappeared somewhere :rofl:

Will have to watch a summary in English. The combination of my poor german skills and the illogical FIA / Steward reasoning just leaved me :confused: Mind you, for the latter, I should be getting used to it - it's hardly the first time they make strange decisions penalising Hamilton or other :P

just another thought.... when Massa passed Webber, did he or did he not use track outside the white line? whilst im not really arsed if this was safe or not... it would seem that it could be "using area outside that designated as the track" which some may recall being an issue in Belgium....... or does that rule not apply for red cars.

I thought the Hamilton drive through penalty was very harsh.

Not sure why the keep making new laws up as they go along :confused:

This sport is fast becoming more about the rules and regulations rather than the racing drivers:thumbdwn:

Not sure why the keep making new laws up as they go along :confused:

because Max will not let a black kid win the WDC.... the bias was always hinted at.... now it is obvious to most... I would love to stop watching F1 but im gonna have to watch the last 2 races just to see what lengths the FIA will go to...... :thumbdwn:

Ok firstly the Picture posted is alittle late in the proceedings, take a look at this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H5KReYtyew the actual problem comes from Hamilton out breaking himself and going straight on effectively not allowing Kimmi to turn in and forcing Kimmi to break, this allows Kova to get along side as he has to break and all three go off, Lewis rejoins in 3rd and Kova and Kimmi much further back, because of the lunge that for me stank of pure desperation LH effectively pushed three cars off himself being one, as he rejoined a few places further up the order then the other two he effectively gained an advantage so I can see why he was given a penalty but as stated by others I cannot ever remember this happening before anywhere so its a strange one unless they are clamping down on it I'm not sure the FIA would need to clarify this.

Massa's Lunge on LH was a disgrace, I can only think he was doing it with intent to end lewis's race, he was never getting back past, the fact he was on the kerbing rather then between the two solid lines is mute as nowadays they seem to be allowed to use the kerb rather then the lines, again Massa's Lunge stank of desperation and for me should of resulted in Massa being disqualified from the race.

Boudais leaving the pits for me fine once again a desperate I must pass him now move was made and for me I cant fault Bourdais for holding his line, he didn't impeach massa at anytime he just stayed on line and for me that penalty was unjust and a un warranted.

For me today I think LH and Massa both stank of desperation, I said previously that if Alonso where in a top team or Shumi was still around the Championship would be won and over by now, as for who deserves to win the championship as referred to by another well that would be Vettel, he is the only guy who deserves it! but hey its out of Massa and LH and I can only hope that its Massa because of my Allegiance to Ferrari however I think Macca and Ferrari have not done themselves many favor's this year.

just another thought.... when Massa passed Webber, did he or did he not use track outside the white line? whilst im not really arsed if this was safe or not... it would seem that it could be "using area outside that designated as the track" which some may recall being an issue in Belgium....... or does that rule not apply for red cars.

Exactly right Paul, I have watched the incident several times now on Sky Plus and he not only had both wheels over the white line but he also entered an area which is setout to divide the pit lane from the track for safety.

Actuely they are allowed to use this area, this line is so a car Exiting the pits does not just swerve out but is fed out, the traffic lights you see on the pit exit where first devised to tell a drive leaving the pits that a car maybe in the area.

Actuely they are allowed to use this area, this line is so a car Exiting the pits does not just swerve out but is fed out, the traffic lights you see on the pit exit where first devised to tell a drive leaving the pits that a car maybe in the area.

I'm not talking about the single white line to feed the cars in, I'm talking about the red/white area the Massa drove through.