Alex's Fabia vRS Estate Project

ninja_alex

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me about it, p!ssed anti freeze out all over my ramp and garage floor. Can't wait to get it finished now as i'm getting fed up of the £150 Pug 306 that I am currently driving!

Alex

There's always the kit-car. ;) Wrap up warm and no worries. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Finally nearly there!

Went for a short drive this evening, just got the Milltek to extend and the spoiletr to attach and then finally a mop over and a coat or 5 of polish before the trip up to Jabba.

Will post pics when polished, looks so good slammed on the RS4's, full bodykit and little carbon fibre touches!

Any ideas on the best way to remove the glue/tape left behind from the bump strips?

Alex

Any ideas on the best way to remove the glue/tape left behind from the bump strips?

Good news on it's near-completion. Got some bits for me? :P

Re the glue. I found that what could not be "rolled" off using a finger, or teased off a nail, came off well with autoglym tar remover or white spirit. :) No damage to paintwork either.

A few more photos, car is now near on complete and just waiting for my new pads and compounds to arrive for my UDM. When it is buffed, will post some complete car pictures. For now, here are a few more teasers:

Photo 1 shows the new rear spoiler, just glued on so need to paint the glue once dried properly.

Photos 2 and 3 show the carbon fibre B and C pillars

Photo 4 shows the ride height, just need to finish de glueing and remove the tar from the near side, o/s all done now!

Alex

25813.attach

25814.attach

25815.attach

25816.attach

Jason, aim to be at some of the big shows with it next year. Spent the day today doing finishing touches and spent about 4-5 hours with the UDM and polish. Unfortunately, by the time I had finished it was dark, so will be out tomorrow morning getting some nice pics to show it off at last. In my opinion, well worth the wait..... Check in tomorrow lunch time for photos.

Got it insured today, so will be on the road this weekend, up to Jabba next week.. Can't wait.

For now, here are a couple more sneaky peaks

Alex

26008.attach

26009.attach

26010.attach

26011.attach

26012.attach