Looking to buy Fabia vrs but unsure

atoh42

Hi already got some useful information off some previous posts but just looking for some upto date information regarding the market for these cars.

I have been in the market for a new 06 plate polo but seen this car and was really taken back at how good it looks and the good reviews it gets so Im away to see a 05 plate fabia VRS tommorow (40k, FSH, Black). It looks really nice and clean but im a bit confused about the current pricing of these cars. Its priced at £7000 as is the only other one within 50 miles but almost all the car pricing websites glasses/parkers/wisebuyers etc give a current excellent value of around £5800.

I guess im just looking for advice on what peoples recent experience has been with buying and selling as i would easy pay £5800 - 6k for a clean model like this but i think if the guy is expecting around 7k then i may look a bit of a fool going in trying to et it for 5800 ish.

cheers

sorry if i have posted in the wrong area

Personally i would get a modded one...i did. Make sure has a re-map atleast as is 300 odd and guarantee you will want one if you get a fab without it done.

Personally i travel for the right car. Waited and ended up going 400mile round trip for my rx8.

thanks for the advice guys.

7500 seems a decent price as it is top book value for a 56 plate private sale. Been using glasses consumers guide prices, wisebuyers, parkers and what car etc.

Went to see the car today and was impressed although the paintwork was not too great, few deep scratches and a lot of swirling but as its black its more noticable. Altho the guy wasnt moving more than 6800 on the price so looks like its back to the drawing board still gonna be looking and hopefully finding one soon but i appreciate the feedback :thumbup:

I paid £9400 for an 06 plate with 16000 miles in silver FSH and a few extra's (CD changer etc) Not a mark on it and in excellent condition.

Have I paid too much though?

Where did you buy from? Sounds like a minter. Has it got cruise too? Seems about right if you purchsed from a dealer.

Mine, (56 plate, 15,600 on the clock), was £9,890 from a dealer so have a years warranty. But doesn't seem like it was worth it now due to the warranty issues I'm having!

I paid £9400 for an 06 plate with 16000 miles in silver FSH and a few extra's (CD changer etc) Not a mark on it and in excellent condition.

Have I paid too much though?

I don't think its as easy as saying paid too much etc, its what you're willing and able to pay that counts. If you're happy then thats all that counts. Price books cannot take account of condition so well so its hard to say I guess, I wouldn't worry too much to be honest!

My budget was £8500. There was a black one that had 35000 miles on clock, 56 plate and no extra's for £8500 That was the one I tested first. When I asked about my silver one, it worked out only £900 more for a car 6 months newer, 20000 miles less airbag switch, cd changer and mudflaps all round on so it seemed daft not too take, plus silver was the colour I wanted. I take that as comfort

paid £4600 for a FSH 70k black 54 plate from autotrader car was in manchester, originally from colne skoda down south..one owner couple of stonechips, drives like new..factory xenons.

i saw a few. cars from enthusiasts seem to be advertised for a lot more money.. just you average punter cars seem well priced.