vRS logo - does the non-UK RS have the same one

In my new (to me) vRS yesterday, counting up the number of logos inside and out of the car, I had a thought about the versions sold in other countries.

I know that Ford waved their arms around at Skoda trying to use their RS trademark here and so it was changed, but am I right in thinking that only the UK market uses the vRS model name and everywhere else uses just RS?

From a bit of googling for images, it appears that all Octavia II RSs use the same logo as us. It makes sense from a cost view not to have to produce two different designs.

In that case, anyone know what those in other countries make of the 'v' in the logo? To them, or to marketing people, is is just a green band with a notch out the top?

yes it's exactly the same, the V is actually the accent on top of the S and is the skoda motorsport logo rather than anything special/Uk specific. It became a V for convenience

The origianl Octavia vRS was labelled as RS for a while until Ford kicked up a stink, and the mk1 badge did not change either.

Edited by roo

It's got nothing to do with where they were sold, but the batch they were made. the first of the Mk2 Octavia vrs' had the green calipers, then Skoda thought they would save a bit of cash just using the same red ones that VW and SEAT use. It may only be a few measly pennies, but with the amount of cars they make and sell with them it's probably a fair bit over the course of a year.

It must have been an early one you saw.

nah, skoda were using that logo on motorsport since the vw takeover and I thought the case did not go to court. If Skoda had won, why did they change the name?

The official line will be one thing, the reality is always something else. like the rubbish spouted over what the skoda brand logo stands for.

Ooh, what's that all about then? I don't know what the brand logo is supposed to stand for so hopefully you can enlighten me, but my Slovakian mate says that Skoda translated from Slovak to English is 'shame'! She was a bit embarrassed to tell me in case I took offence!

Ooh, what's that all about then? I don't know what the brand logo is supposed to stand for so hopefully you can enlighten me, but my Slovakian mate says that Skoda translated from Slovak to English is 'shame'! She was a bit embarrassed to tell me in case I took offence!

Not better, but see what Google Translate said: Google Translate

Yes your quite correct. My wife and I were at a funeral in Poland this summer and since she does not understand a lot of the language she asked me later why the conversation afterwards was all about Skoda cars!!

Good cause for a laugh afterwards tho'

I think the Australian vRS logo is different to ours in some way. But now can't find a photo of it, but we have got 2 AUS vRS drivers on here who can hopefully tell us for sure.

GK- Island Green is the coolest colour in the Octavia range, nice one! Shame they are dropping it!

• 2 weeks later...
I think the Australian vRS logo is different to ours in some way. But now can't find a photo of it, but we have got 2 AUS vRS drivers on here who can hopefully tell us for sure.

Look's the same to me. When I first saw the logo I read it as "Vi RS" because of the red bar between the V and the RS.

Octavia RS - Škoda - Simply Clever - Škoda Australia

• 2 weeks later...