Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow.

mannyo

A blanket of snow this morning which had turned to ice.

:thumbdwn: Can't be much worse.

No snow in sight here as yet, but outcast for the weekend promises colder weather and we (SWMBO and I) are off for a northbound trip. I just have to face the fact an mount the (studded) winter tyres :(

Got some hail on the way to work, but thats about it. It's gone very cold though, was 0 degrees on my way home from uni last night.

Blackpool doesn't do snow though. It's next to the sea :(

I was on the M25 in the snow last night - scary how everyone was driving like normal even though the road was slowly turning into an icy river.... Are they waiting for the little flashing signs to tell them "it's snowing, slow down"

Had to scrape about 4cm of solid, concrete-like, snow from where it had thawed and refrozen overnight on top of solid ice off the car this morning. Also hit three large ice patches on the M1 on the way to work, thankfully it was deserted and I wasn't travelling too fast.

Looks like it's all gone now though :(

My windscreen took me bloody ages to defrost this morning despite using an ice scraper and de-icer (In a rush and diesel cars never deice the screen from inside anyway). I think it was something to do with it having snowed and then frosted on. I don't think having rainx treatment particularly helps in winter either.

I also discovered that aero wipers are crap at dealing with even slightly icy windscreens :D

We had about an inch of the stuff at home, and nearer two at work, in Borehamwood. It was about -2 at 6:30 in our garden. The funniest thing was seeing the dog learning about snow for the first time. She kept putting her weight on her paws and falling through the frozen crust. Then she decided to give up the subtle stuff and do 3 mad circuits of the garden, achieving excellent controlled oversteer on the corners and only falling over once. Tibetan Terriers are bred with big, flat paws for walking on snow, but they didn't work very well this morning! :)

Phil

We had about an inch of the stuff at home, and nearer two at work, in Borehamwood. It was about -2 at 6:30 in our garden. The funniest thing was seeing the dog learning about snow for the first time. She kept putting her weight on her paws and falling through the frozen crust. Then she decided to give up the subtle stuff and do 3 mad circuits of the garden, achieving excellent controlled oversteer on the corners and only falling over once. Tibetan Terriers are bred with big, flat paws for walking on snow, but they didn't work very well this morning! :)

Phil

Oscar hasnt seen any snow yet, so ive got this to come. But with past dogs its always funny throwing snowballs for them, they either catch it and wonder where its gone or chase after it and cant find, the confused looks this produces just cracks me up everytime.

Just spent a lovelly morning out in the yard, got the car washed and polished,must admit to wearing long trousers though :P

Did you find the polish a bit of a barsteward to apply in the cold weather?