Tyre pressures - 16" Atria wheels/tyres

I haven't looked...but does it not tell you on the sticker in the fuel flap or the owners manual what the 16" spec is? I guess it doesn't, otherwise you wouldn't be asking. This post is of no value whatsoever! :rofl: :confused: ...and I've just seen your post above...dum de da!

its 2.1 bar on the fronts and 2.2 bar at the rear :)

I dare say other way round...:rolleyes: Never a wise idea to inflate the rear more than the front( laws of physics & all that...):eek: ! Bringing the rear at most to equal to the front if running a really full load 4-5passengers plus a heavily laden boot!!!:thumbup:

thats unladen, but it definitely says 2.1 on front and 2.2 on rear on my fuel lid, and a quick check on an online tyre checker confirms this. I checked as it did seem strange to have it this way round, but there you go. I have cut and pasted the info below. I confirmed it through a few different websites as well, so i'll have to trust them and skoda!!:)

Make:SKODAModel:FABIA (ESTATE)Colour:RED

Your tyre pressures are as follows:

Tyre Size205/45R16 W 83

Front Tyres Rear Tyres

2.1 BAR / 31 PSI 2.2 BAR / 32 PSI

Go to the Tyre Make web site and that should take you to your car eventually. Ony had mine 8 months and I have yet to check the pressures. It is very remiss of me I will do it this after. What always gets me is that you can do it and then go to another garage which will give a totally different reading.

Ok so I was at my local Skoda dealer today...

While I was there I took a look at the FabiaII- Kombi(Space) they had on the showroom floor. Low & behold it followed the laws of physics! None of the load weights ever recommended a higher pressure for the wheels on the rear axle than those on the front!!!:rolleyes:

Go to the Tyre Make web site and that should take you to your car eventually. Ony had mine 8 months and I have yet to check the pressures. It is very remiss of me I will do it this after. What always gets me is that you can do it and then go to another garage which will give a totally different reading.

You should always check and fill your tyres at home (when cold) as the recomended pressures are given for when cold. Driving even a short distance increases the pressures, filling your tyres to the recommended pressures after driving technically means they will be under pressure. And if you are relying on fuel station air stations they will always be wrong, how many times do you think they get used between calibrations?

A good quality tyre pressure gauge will pay for itself many times over. I like to check my tyres regularly. It's not always easy at this time of year when it gets dark so early in the afternoon. I've been known to do mine during my lunch break at work.

Under-inflated tyres won't just wear unevenly, they're also prone to overheating and may suffer a blow-out. People spend thousands on their car, hundreds of pounds servicing it and fail to look after their only contact with the road surface.

Ok so I was at my local Skoda dealer today...

While I was there I took a look at the FabiaII- Kombi(Space) they had on the showroom floor. Low & behold it followed the laws of physics! None of the load weights ever recommended a higher pressure for the wheels on the rear axle than those on the front!!!:rolleyes:

so i'm confused. are you saying that skoda uk have got it wrong and we're all going round with dangerous tyre pressures. This must be the case if you are right as the fabia 11 hatch also has lower pressures at the front than the back for all tyre sizes. i intuitively agree with your point, but if the manufacturer says otherwise, what do you do? someone has to know the answer:confused:

Edited by ima

so i'm confused. are you saying that skoda uk have got it wrong and we're all going round with dangerous tyre pressures. This must be the case if you are right as the fabia 11 hatch also has lower pressures at the front than the back for all tyre sizes. i intuitively agree with your point, but if the manufacturer says otherwise, what do you do? someone has to know the answer:confused:

That seems strange when the Fabia Mk1 is definatley the other way round (ie higher pressures on the front) , the platform hasnt changed that much has it??

Many vehicle have higher pressures in the rear tyres...not just the Fabia 2. In fact, the front tyres on front drive cars run noticeably hotter because of the extra work they do, eg continually powering the vehicle, steering, bearing the main braking load etc. To maintain the status quo the cold pressure is often just a little lower than the cold rear pressure. However, if you check the pressure of front vs rear once the car has covered some miles and the tyres are warm, the pressure is normally virtually the same due to the temperature difference ie: higher temperature of the front tyre means slightly higher hot running pressure. This maintains proper handling and braking etc. It is only a small difference in cold pressure for the Fabia 2 at 2.1 front and 2.2 bar rear (31.5psi and 33psi respectively or thereabouts). That is correct. :thumbup: