Some Fekker has keyed my octy

Got up this morning and the wife went to the car and noticed someone has keyed the drivers door and rear passenger door:Yikes::Yikes: Why do people do this, The police cant be arsed with it just said unless you actually have evidence there is nothing they can do but they will make a "log" of it. :mad:

I put some touch up paint on now but dont know hoe much this will cost to put right.

Will both doors need a full respray etc.

I wish i knew who it was....ba**rds

Just thought, I hope it isnt anything to do with that lass who was filing for a personal injury when i bumped into them back in july, As my insurance have said they are not paying out anything as they made the damage to their car look worse to justify their claim.

Its the only person who i think will be p**sed off.

Or maybe it was just a drunk coming out of the pub and thought that they disnt like my 10 year old octavia.

Sorry to hear about that.Mine was done about a month ago on 5 panels including the bonnet and the estimate to repair it all is £2146 :eek::eek:

I will leave it now till after christmas to be done but it looks really bad in daylight.I reported it to Police as well and got the same answer.

Mine was done about a month ago on 5 panels including the bonnet and the estimate to repair it all is £2146 :eek::eek:

Surely you can get an entire respray for less?

Police are useless. If you didn't see them do it and you're 95% certain who it was, and you want some action taken - you're best telling the police you saw them do it and if need be tell a white lie in court. It's the only way to get any justice. But even then, will they just get a stupid fine they won't pay and probably just come round and cause more damage to your car?

Have had issues with neighbour's kids doing silly things like hitting mine with various implements and depositing rubbish on it etc, and the parents don't give a .... They did it pretty much every day at one point, with no apparent cause. Also a visitor to another neighbour has kicked in a rear wing and banged their door into it a few times. Luckily the to$$ers don't seem to have a car anymore. I get the impression there's jealousy going on, even though it is a 14 year old banger :confused: - so don't be too surprised if someone is jealous about your Octavia - particularly if you're unfortunate enough to be in an area with plenty of chavs, with not many owning a car. A shame there's too many losers around :thumbdwn:

If it gets more regular perhaps a half-decent CCTV system? I guess around £250 and a bit of installation time would get something capable of being usable as evidence. Question is would the evidence actually do anything, the way the legal system is?

Get the feeling your right though. An idiot willing to commit insurance fraud would probably not be too concerned about committing other crimes.

Got up this morning and the wife went to the car and noticed someone has keyed the drivers door and rear passenger door:Yikes::Yikes: Why do people do this, The police cant be arsed with it just said unless you actually have evidence there is nothing they can do but they will make a "log" of it. :mad:

I know you are ****ed off about the pointless damage , but seriously , what else do you expect the police to do?

With no witnesses there's bog all they *can* do , and it it's totally unrealistic to expect them to go out searching for anyone who might have seen it but didn't report it.

Do you have cover for vandalism on your car insurance? I thought most do nowadays.

Make a longbow and fire an arrow through the back of the nasty sh*ts head. Burn the bow after. Everyone's a winner!

In my eyes, as soon as somebody commits an illegal act on you or your possessions, they void the right to use the law against you. I'd happily batter a burglar.

Just bought a camera with night vision for £70 its only black and white but may be some use if they decide to come back.

Mind you if they did come back to have another go then i would have suspisions thats its someone who knows its my car etc. Most "opporunity chavs" dont have a tendancy to keep coming back to the same car and maybe more likley to move onto someone elses.

So going to get this Camera set up and connect it to our long play video player (just have to remember to keep changing the takes after 8 hours.

I have looked into CCTV that can be recorded onto a PC but these seem a bit pricey.

The things we have to do because of Scum.

Got a quote from the bodyshop and it was £385 all in, They say because they have scratched right along the front and back door the have to spray the doors as well as part of the back quarter and front wing to blend the paint in. I will leave it till new year now just put some touch up paint on for now to stop rust.

I have installed the camera onto the outside brickwork of the upstairs window and fed all the cables down to the TV downstairs and into the Video.

I also reported it to the police wo say they will send me a letter with a crime number, they said this is incase i go through my insurance for the repairs.

Finally when i was on the phone to the police they asked My Reg, Which way the car was parked, When did I last know it wasnt damage, When did i notice the damage, How much will the repairs be and this one which i thought was weird...where was i born! :eek: whats that got to do with it :rolleyes:.

Anyway just hope the camera picks something up, I dont think they will come back again...but you never know.

Cheers Guys

Have you seen the marks a football ball can do? it leaves multiple scratches when it deflects off at an angle. This is not done on purpose but by ignorant people and kids. They are always booting a ball around in our street, ar few of these and the car is a mess.

yep have had the same probs with kids and the football they insist on playing @ 08:00am outside the house whilst waiting for a school bus have asked a number of times to move on but they dont reported it to the school still the same ,up untill about a week ago when one of my kitchen knives found its way through the ball when it landed on my property , ball was returned in the shape of a flat frisbee!!!!:finger::rofl::rofl::D