Quantum of solace

Jules59

The DB5 came about in Goldfinger because a number of other manufacturers (I think including Rolls-Royce) refused to provide a free "hero car" for the shots where Connery was just driving.

)

Bet they regretted that!

Going a bit OT now but surely that 750 BMW has to be the most boring Bond car ever!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed QOS, not as good as CR but still enjoyable as a piece of entertainment. You could tell it had been edited to hell to get it down to an acceptable running time, and I hold out hope of the special edition DVD being a much better piece of work, if they re-instate the missing footage.

My suspicion is that this fillum has been focus-grouped to death with thick American preview audiences, who struggle to stay awake unless there is an explosion every 3 nano seconds. CR was criticised for its length and labouring the plot, QoS has gone too far the other way.

Indy 4 was the worst fillum I have ever seen.

I was confused for a minute! You mean in the style of Moore doing Templar?

Yes, I watched L&LD recently and couldn't help thinking that it was Moore playing Templer playing Bond. It doesn't happen in any of the subsequent ones.

As to all of our views on Bond,we all have different ones.I preferred Connery but I understand Bond (in Flemings portrayal) was meant to be far colder/harder/detached.

I'm currently reading the Flemming books and from the 2½ I've read so far, Connery seems the most in tune with Flemmings portrail.

What does amaze me about the books is how much Bond drinks most days and then drives :eek:

I enjoyed QOS, not as good as CR but still enjoyable as a piece of entertainment. You could tell it had been edited to hell to get it down to an acceptable running time, and I hold out hope of the special edition DVD being a much better piece of work, if they re-instate the missing footage.

My suspicion is that this fillum has been focus-grouped to death with thick American preview audiences, who struggle to stay awake unless there is an explosion every 3 nano seconds. CR was criticised for its length and labouring the plot, QoS has gone too far the other way.

You may well be right there.

Indy 4 was the worst fillum I have ever seen.

If that was the worst film you've ever seen, lucky you!

Time to dust down these two?

http://briskoda.net/off-topic-chit-chat/awful-films/40414/

http://briskoda.net/off-topic-chit-chat/worst-book-film-adaption/66447/

In the original novel, the "poker" was "Chemin de Fer", and was pivotal to the plot (being how Le Chifre intended to replace funds he'd appropriated from the organisation), so it's hard to see how you could "make too much of it".

True Ken but Fleming explains the rules of the game in the book. You can't do that in a film.:)

Agree about the focus groups:thumbup:

Also the product placement with Ford annoyed, does the Broccolli family really need to do this to finance a film?:confused:

I liked QoS.

Too much friggin shaky cam though. It wasn't good in Bourne and it's not good in Bond.

and Indy 4 was a crime against humanity.