Vrs i'm looking at - what too look for?

Im going to look at a VRS which is only a few miles away from me - its a little more than I want to pay. But, its got very low miles and a full skoda service history.

The seller is asking £6095 - it has Xenon's - but are they worth any extra over the std headlights?? I was thinking of offering £5600 for it

media?id=822315675

media?id=822315689

media?id=822315734

The more cars I see in black the more I like them..............

What are the main things to ask/look for?

Genuine Xenons are always a good option on dark nights, plus they're not really a retrofit option so you either have em or you don't.

I would be surprised if the seller hadn't priced to be knocked down anyway so it's always worth giving it a try.

Hiya moved thread to a more relevant area :)

To answer your question, with a question what is the age, mileage of the car? Any other extras?

The Zenons add desireability, especially come re-sale time. probably add £200 as well, and when set correctly are vastly superior to std bulbs.

10% off is probably a good place to start haggling if the car is worth the asking price :)

Check rear floors are not wet (door seals or window carrier letting in water)

Check for clunks, knocks from front suspension (ARB, Drop Links, Console Bushes)

Check rear window washer squirts water onto the window (detached hose)

Check for excessive noise with clutch down at idle (Dual Mass Flywheel)

Check electric windows works as they should, and make sure all electrics work (wiring loom can get wet if water getting into bulkhead area)

ha ha looks like we are both looking at the same cars :eek:......

Im on the look out for a fabia vrs too and saw this on autotrader buts its too far for me just to nip down to look at. Its low milage for an 04 plate and i would prob aim for about £5,600 as well :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

i just got a 2006 on an 06 for 4850 after some haggling 20,800 and stamped from origionjal dealer last service at 19,960 mine you there was a reason or 2 :( yellow kid on way and front bumper just replaced due to vandalisation police report and pics as proof but all sorted before advertised

na - found another one for alot less money - plus its one of the first ones ins scotland - did you go and look?

na never made it down like. Altho been mucked around with the golf i was gonna buy so im back on the fabia hunt ;)