Has anyone with a new Superb seen this?

Bagpuss

New answer from Skoda:

"to the rain closing function we have to note that we have no better answer to you then answer which we sent you last time. There

are technical reasons why the function cannot be changed to the permanent mode. This is engineering solution at Škoda Superb II

on the present. We are sorry."

I don't consider myself being silly if I leave my car with a window opened in the summer in my own yard ;)

but if its in your own yard then ou will know if its raining so can go and close the windows:)

honestly - how many people leave their windows open these days for any length of time. total waste of time this feature !!

I agree,but what if you leave it over night in your yard?Maybe when you wake up and see that it's raining,your car is already flooded :rofl: I agree it's a waste of time,but if it is available for my car,I would like to know that it is working properly.

I agree,but what if you leave it over night in your yard?Maybe when you wake up and see that it's raining,your car is already flooded :rofl: I agree it's a waste of time,but if it is available for my car,I would like to know that it is working properly.

why on earth would you leave it overnight with the windows open ? surely the alarm will go off ?

now arain closing feature on my convertible would be a good idea - nipped in a shop the other day and glad i decided to put the roos on as it came on to rain when i was in there

Im sure i have seen in VCDS the option to enable this to be permanent.

Its in either central electrics or central convienience but it was definitley there.

HTH

Carl:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have been in contact with the Skoda importer in Ireland and they have been very helpful. They contacted the main works for the answer which was the same as everyone else here has got. Its how the system is supposed to work. However, there was one word in their reply that struck me. "The system is reset after the car is unlocked". I had never tried the system with the car locked as it had worked on my Octavia regardless of whether the car was locked or not.

After work I grabbed my trusty hose-pipe and tried out the new advice. I ticked the box for rain closing in the convenience sub-menu, partially opened the drivers door window, exited and locked the car. With great anticipation, I began to hose the windscreen around the sensor. After some "hosing" - the window closed. Aha, result, I hear you scream.

Not too sure about that!!!

I then unlocked the car and as well as unlocking the doors, it opened all four windows by 30-50 mm. That meant after entering the car I have to close all four windows.

I am to report back to the importer on Monday. I will give them the results of my highly complex experiments and see what they have to say to that.

Best wishes,

Anthony,

Hi All,

After some "hosing" - the window closed. Aha, result, I hear you scream.

Not too sure about that!!!

I then unlocked the car and as well as unlocking the doors, it opened all four windows by 30-50 mm. That meant after entering the car I have to close all four windows.

I am to report back to the importer on Monday. I will give them the results of my highly complex experiments and see what they have to say to that.

I think they designed the system in this way, to tell you that the windows have closed automatically. What does the manual say?

If you hold down the unlocking button on the remote, I think you'll find that all four windows drop as described. It's a feature, not a related fault.

Ray.

Hi,

I am aware of that feature and it requires holding down the unlock button. What happened to my windows was after a 'regular' quick unlock. I tried this a few times and same result every time, opened all 4 windows 30-50 mm.

Regards,

Anthony,

You should try this in a real situation,to see if the windows will drop down if it's still raining outside

Yes I should try that. Considering the summer we are having, I wont have to wait long for rain. :)

Anyway,I guess that is just a sign to tell you that your windows were closed.

I don't understand! Why should opening the windows automatically when I unlock the car be of any use to me when I could see that they were already closed? :confused:

Best wishes,

Anthony,

When you unlock the car and you see the windows closed,maybe you think that you forgot to open them(it rained a few hours ago and it's all dry) and that's a sign to remember you that you actually opened them.This is a very weird explanation,but you never know.

Hi,

As it was a beautiful morning I decided to try the rain closing option in the real world. I put my faith in the technology and in the fact that an Irish summer would guarantee rain within the hour. :)

My faith in the weather was justified. I have just survived a monsoon and more importantly, my windows closed when it rained.

You should try this in a real situation,to see if the windows will drop down if it's still raining outside

As I ran through the rain to the car and pressed the unlock button I feared for my leather interior and dreaded the thoughts of all the windows opening as they had during my hosepipe tests. Low and behold, they stayed closed. :D

It appears that if it is still raining the windows stay closed and if it is not raining/hosing they will all open.

God be with the days of my Datsun 120Y that had so many leaks I used to have spare socks and shoes with me but the freedom it gave was worth any pain. Now in middle age I want everything to make my life easier and my windows to close by themselves.

Regards

Anthony......

Why could they not leave it alone like the Octavia II, set it once and forget about it, safe in the knowledge that it worked everytime whether the car was locked or not. Some things should be left alone..

Regards

Anthony.....

I also tried this on my Superb II. As stated, upon unlocking, all four windows opened slightly, no matter how light the unlocking touch on the remote is. I can only conclude that - if you left windows open in the first place - it must have been hot. So when you come back, all four windows drop to let out the now hot interior air.

Yes, I know - fanciful! Especially as I've got the solar sunroof fitted that keeps the interior air circulating when it's hot anyway. :)

Ray

I've all but given up on getting this resolved now. My local dealer has been very good about the whole thing, and have investigated the problem. They agree that it seems broken, but Skoda are insistent that this is how it's meant to work.

There doesn't seem to be much else the dealer can reasonably do.

The next thing is to investigate the non-working bluetooth audio (A2DP) and the fuel filler splashback. Apparently, there are fixes for both in the pipeline, but I'm still waiting on definite news.

Bagpuss.

Hi Bagpuss,

I was contacted by my dealer last week about a recall regarding the fuel tank or filler. I didn't take too much notice once they said it wasn't urgent and it doesn't cost me.

BTW Have you tried your windows with the method I got from the importer.?

Regards,

Anthony,,,,,,