Installed LED's in the parking lights

andreh

I really like that the color is more white. :) i also changed the high beam's to more white, i dont like yellow and white together :) and there seems to be no faulty lamp check on the parking lights. thats good :P

25783.attach

25784.attach

25785.attach

:thumbup:

Very nice...... Would love to replace my sidelights with LED's but after numerous attempts from myself and various other members i've given up all hope. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Dave.

what are the legality of LED lights, will they pass a MOT?

Should do..... If not there will be a few Merc drivers complaining in the future as they are standard on some Mercs now. :thumbup:

Cheers

Dave.

TBH you are better off with the Philips blue vision 501 bulbs, despite the name and the fact they have a blue coating on them they actually emit a nice crisp white light - and they wont keep blowing like the LED's seem to.

Huzzah, I'm not the only one. I thought I was being a bit chavvy when I did mine but I didn't like the "yellow/white" as described above.

Re the MOT - mine's gone through with them fitted. They are technically not for road use as they're not E-marked - although I know a few other people on the forum use LED rear and indicator bulbs which suffer the same "fate".

I'm not currently using them (as mine are still working touch wood), but the best ones to use are the "metal cased" ones as opposed to the plastic ones - the heat from the main beam bulb has a tendancy to melt/blow the plastic LEDs. This is particulary true of the multi-LED versions.