Just got a VRS what should I do to it ???

FUBAR

Hi all after a while shopping around I found a YELLOW!!!!!! 2006 vrs with 20,000 miles and full history totaly standard to date wasnt looking for yellow but I (abused prev owner) paid £4850 bargin I recon credit crunch rocks

cd player standard is horrrrrrid I am thinking it would swallow a double din hi tech set up nicely ect

also thinkiing of a remap but have seen the lil boost boxes on ebay that plug into maf i think that claim to take it to 160bhp

if any of you had just got yours again and it was totaly standard what would you do FIRST :D money isnt an issue but want to retaint the ecconess of the badger

fa79f84acee37c2f9a40387844eaad86L.jpg

Standard practice.....

Jabba/Whiteline RARB

Seat Cupra front strut brace

Seat Leon Cupra front splitter

Green filter

PD160 air intake

Custom remap (IRO 170-180bhp, 305-320 lb/ft)

312mm TT brakes

17's

Lowered (shocks'n'springs or coilovers)

Thats a good price, but like you say it is yellow ;)

If you get a plug in tuning box make sure its a digital one and not just a resistor that plugs into the temperature sender.

As an aside, its not completely standard as the inserts around the fog lights are black, whereas they should be colour coded.

If you get a plug in tuning box make sure its a digital one and not just a resistor that plugs into the temperature sender.

As an aside, its not completely standard as the inserts around the fog lights are black, whereas they should be colour coded.

i wondered that too, the front bumper is very very tight on that front wing...been replaced?

You have a point. For £4850 plus the mods I listed (maybe another £2.5k+) you could easily get an Impreza for that money. OK, no more cheap tax, insurance, or 60+mpg, but definitely a 'real' car.

Edited by Bigw2069
Removed Quote

no one needs feed me, i have mince pies :)

and btw i was laughing quite a lot whilst posting that ;)

but whilst people are mentioning things like impreza's they are dirt cheap right now and an STi can be had for about 2k upwards, buy a better one for 2500 and your 2350 better off and you don't need to do any mods, take those mods mentioned into account and your 5k better off to start with and thats a hell of a lot of fuel etc to make up and for someone of reasonable and experience impreza's aren't that expensive to insure but admitidly are absolutely terrible on fuel.

either way i think yellow is the best colour for the fabia :)

VAG TDi Tuning module (PD) VW- Audi - Skoda - Seat on eBay, also Chips, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 01-Dec-08 12:57:41 GMT)

id assume this is resistors in a box rubbish then

had a good digi one for my last car had a 2.0 hdi lump it was amazing

VAG TDi Tuning module (PD) VW- Audi - Skoda - Seat on eBay, also Chips, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 01-Dec-08 12:57:41 GMT)

id assume this is resistors in a box rubbish then

had a good digi one for my last car had a 2.0 hdi lump it was amazing

con

if you want a box get a dragon one... around 200 iirc

or do it properly and get a decent remap from a reputable tuner who wont fry your clutch or blow up your turbo :thumbup:

Get a ferry and drive to the Nurburgring and learn to drive properly.

Do lots of laps.

Then do more laps.

Then repeat.

been there done the ring a few times :D great fun used to be a petrol head but diesel is the way forward

I saw this on auto trader and thought thats cheap, just to warn you the standard brakes are crap, the standard suspension isnt really that bad to be honest but can be improved no end, mods listed below,

312mm TT Brakes,

Coilovers,

Rarb,

Remap,

Pd 160 intake,

Panel filter,

Strut brace,

Egr bypass,

Ccv bypass,

Decat,

Exhaust,

Fmic,

17s,

it really depends how much money you want to spend?

You have a point. For £4850 plus the mods I listed (maybe another £2.5k+) you could easily get an Impreza for that money. OK, no more cheap tax, insurance, or 60+mpg, but definitely a 'real' car.

happy to call the vrs a real car great fun lil beast have had BMW's alfas all sorts of cars and even a 300ZX TT

So mine isn't the only yellow one with black fog surrounds then :D

You certainly got it at a decent price :)

I don't really want to suggest what i'd do, as I'd be telling you what I plan on doing to mine :P

Maybe the front's been damaged at some point, because as said the badge is higher than it should be, so it looks like it's maybe had a new grille?

Anyways, hope you enjoy it :)

ffs 8k depreciation in 2.5 years on a small family deisal thats criminal :(:(:(

The fact that someone has given it away might have something to do with it. Can't see that becoming the general trend. But it will if people start panic selling!

That does seem very, very cheap. Even for yellow ;) I just hope it's been checked out on HPI etc....

Steve

So mine isn't the only yellow one with black fog surrounds then :D

You certainly got it at a decent price :)

I don't really want to suggest what i'd do, as I'd be telling you what I plan on doing to mine :P

Maybe the front's been damaged at some point, because as said the badge is higher than it should be, so it looks like it's maybe had a new grille?

Anyways, hope you enjoy it :)

yea car had badge nicked and front kicked in inc lights on the street with prev owner ( I knew car before I bought it) it had new bumper and the tit has badge on hight should be bottom right always had black inserts around the fog lights this particular car though

there are yellow haters out there :( wont happen with me fingers crossed as it will be on base most of the time

impreza's they are dirt cheap right now and an STi can be had for about 2k upwards, buy a better one for 2500

'Classics' are always risky, with some really grotty ones waiting to rape your pocket within minutes of getting the keys. What I was suggesting was that for the purchase price of the Furby, plus the cumulative value of all the most desirable mods you could buy a very good 'Newage' Scooby. Even 03-05 'Blobeye' WRX's can be found for £6-8k, many with some decent tuning already bought and paid for if you know what's worth having.

The fact that someone has given it away might have something to do with it. Can't see that becoming the general trend. But it will if people start panic selling!

That does seem very, very cheap. Even for yellow ;) I just hope it's been checked out on HPI etc....

Steve

book is £6900 for it with its miles but I knew the car before i got it did the full HPI (as you do) all good but guy selling I think needed the cash and a bigger car now too he advertised at £5500 for a quick sale I came in at 4800 and ended at 4850 feel like a git though but still pleased the old thats really all i have since it needs taxed i cant afford any more lolol who else buys a car just before christmas :D