I resorted to turning off ASR all together this morning

yegnold

Car: Fabia VRS

It was being completely over the top and despite accelerating VERY gently at all times it was a bit over-enthusiastic in cutting power.

I know I'm running Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s which people say are a poor winter tyre, but this is a remark I have about the ASR system in general.

Is there a way of using VAG COM to decrease it's sensitivity? I've tried searching for "asr sensitivity" and "decrease sensitivity of asr" but to no avail :( - only thread I found was this one which didn't really have an answer to the question he asked :)

Is there a way of using VAG COM to decrease it's sensitivity? I've tried searching for "asr sensitivity" and "decrease sensitivity of asr" but to no avail :( - only thread I found was this one which didn't really have an answer to the question he asked :)

No. Just turn it off, it's crap anyway. Or fit an EGR bypass, as Im 99.9 percent certain that cures it :)

I could be very wrong here, but I think ASR is either on or off. It uses the same wheel speed sensors as the ABS, throttle position sensor and speed sensor. I don't see how that could possibly be tweaked with VAG.COM. That said, I use fairly basic Fault Code Readers with minimal tweaking abilities.

Cue the VAG.COM experts. :D

No. Just turn it off, it's crap anyway. Or fit an EGR bypass, as Im 99.9 percent certain that cures it :)

Next quesiton; is there a way of permanently turning it off and getting rid of the stupid dashboard warning light? :D

I'm with Dave on the EGR bypass. The engine management must use it as part of the ASR system. I find I hardly ever turn it off now, as it's more difficult to provoke! Not been out in the car much this week though :)

On disabling it completely I'd be fairly sure it was possible. Maybe time for a straightforward yes or no question in the VAG-COM forum? :rubchin:

Steve

ASR almost killed me!!!

Slightly ott, but not far off!

Round a corner at 50, and ASR kicked in as the inside wheel spun up.

It cut the power, but that caused engine braking (braking with the engine, just at the front!).

Back end started to come out, but managet to anti-steer for long enough for it to straighten up!

Then I pulled over and wiped! lol.

Next quesiton; is there a way of permanently turning it off and getting rid of the stupid dashboard warning light? :D

would that not void your insurance?

if you have asr turned off or esp by that matter (although ESP never actually can be switched off fully) and have an accident they may find out and not pay out .

I didnt think the ESP had any trouble getting turned off? It does not disable the ABS but for the rest it is off?

The only way I could think the EGR removal would impact on things is how much more the power gets cut I guess, but I didnt have it fitted nor the settings changed on my ESP-equipped Fabia vRS at the time, I just found the ASR version to horrid to drive.