Water leak But not from rear door seals ?

Hello I had the rear doors sealed on my car 3 months ago so have been keeping a close eye on them, however today I have noticed the rear offside passenger foot well is becoming damp, and its not the door seals ? I did read on her somewhere before that rear wash wipe tubbing has connector on it about the rear foot well, I lifted the carpet and there is a little black pipe coming from under the seat and running in to the hard plastic sill but I'm not sure how to remove this sill next to the door seals or does anyone no of any other causes of a leak to the rear foot well other than faulty door seals thanks Max

Hello I had the rear doors sealed on my car 3 months ago so have been keeping a close eye on them, however today I have noticed the rear offside passenger foot well is becoming damp, and its not the door seals ? I did read on her somewhere before that rear wash wipe tubbing has connector on it about the rear foot well, I lifted the carpet and there is a little black pipe coming from under the seat and running in to the hard plastic sill but I'm not sure how to remove this sill next to the door seals or does anyone no of any other causes of a leak to the rear foot well other than faulty door seals thanks Max

I have a similar problem which the garage has not been able to fix yet. Same door but the rain fills the inside of the door and marks the door lining. When first found it had soaked the foot well but since then I have caught it in time. But the door lining continues to discolour from the rain. The garage say that hosing it continually does not show the problem.

Why were your doors sealed? Did it leak like mine?

I have a similar problem which the garage has not been able to fix yet. Same door but the rain fills the inside of the door and marks the door lining. When first found it had soaked the foot well but since then I have caught it in time. But the door lining continues to discolour from the rain. The garage say that hosing it continually does not show the problem.

Why were your doors sealed? Did it leak like mine?

Yeah only the offside door leaked, but sealed both rears to be sure, as for yours filling up, check the drain holes underneath the door are not blocked, and as mine are fixed hell knows why its still getting damp ?

The washer pipe is routed up around the rear nearside wheelarch, so it looks like rain is still getting in.

mmmmm Its definitely not getting past the door seals, ill take a photo tomorrow and post it on here to show the pipes I'm seeing in the rear foot well, Oh and sorry but just to be sure nearside is driver side yeah :o

Here are some photos of the nearside rear passengers foot well :o there was a lot of rain last night and as you can see from the first picture the door seals are dry, as for the two pipes in the other photos I have no idea what they are ? but if the small black one is the rear washer feed, I cant find where its going because its going in to the plastic sill, and I cant get it off to see, so I have no idea how this foot well is still getting wet :confused:

Picture008.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Things are a little clearer now. I think you'll find the black 'pipe' is in fact the cable to fuel tank, the silver pipe may be fuel. The black pipe you need is behind the plastic sill and wheelarch trim, the connector in question is about where your left shoulder would be. You need to unscrew/pull off the mushroom shaped clip in the middle photo, and then carefully prise off the trim panel. Once you have access, the connector is obvious and there are a number of solutions offered to fix, from petrol pipe clips to heat shrink to wire it, etc. Do a search there's loads.