Aftermarket Stereo has gone insane

Orta

Hi Guys,

Driving home from work earlier and went to put the fascia back on my JVC head unit... it didn't go on as easy as it normally does and I gave it a bit of welly... well now it's kinda stuck. The unit is receiving power as it's making a repeated bleeping noise :thumbdwn: (Even after I'd turned the car off and then back on)

I don't expect anyone to know exactly how to solve this as I cant tell you the exact model of stereo or anything... so I'm going to try and just simply cut it's power supply from the back tomorrow when I've got some light.

So my question is...? With a surround bought from halfords do I need a special tool to remove the stereo? Or will a screwdriver do the job?

No joy!! Pressed and held the reset button and it just continues to make the noise afterwards.

So any other ideas?

And are these fascias and stereos hard to remove?

Edited by Orta

If you have managed to jam the fascia on skew wiff it is likely the contacts will be bent/damaged, and or fixing clasps damaged/stuck. Cut a strip from an old credit card, about 10mm wide, and try running it GENTLY around the front panel to fascia gap.

If you are lucky, the fascia will come off with no damage done.