un bloomin believable....

ACSC

....washing the wifeys furby today I spotted a scuff on the rear bumper, looked a little harder and find another couple of scuffs and a dent in the rear qtr panel!!!

Guess some kind sole couldnt judge distance and used the car a a guide whilst parking then accidently forgot to leave their details in their rush to leave the scene.

:mad:AC:mad:

Yep. Honour and decency have long disappeared from car-parks. I can remember reading a note left by someone that had accidentally hit my car not so long ago, while the witnesses looked on. It said "The people standing watching me think I'm leaving you my insurance details, but I'm actually not. Sorry about your paint, but it'll probably polish out seeing as how you obviously wax it a lot. Good luck!."

I quite liked that on reflection, and it did actually polish out, but even so, it was a bit of a Grrr moment when I first saw it. Hopefully yours will come out with £50 donated to the local ChipsAway person.

What I find more annoying is when the people in the car parked next to you, open their doors into your car, leaving a nice dent. Over the last 2 months I've found 4 or 5 dents on my doors. I was actually sat inside for 2 occasions and there was no "sorry" or anything! They were completly oblivious. Gerr.

I'm very particular about where I park for this reason- I try to park far from the shop, and never next to a tatty car.

I've found that the laziest people (that park right by the shop) are also quite often the types that don't give a crap about other people's property.

yeh my misses hates when we go to tesco because i park so far away and we need to take the trolly all the way back to the car ! as if it was hard work anyway its worth it considering the mood i would b in if my car was bumped !

yeh my misses hates when we go to tesco because i park so far away and we need to take the trolly all the way back to the car ! as if it was hard work anyway its worth it considering the mood i would b in if my car was bumped !

I do the same as you:) But have started to have home delivery, so no chance of getting the car bumped:thumbup:

SWMBO hates (HATES) it when I go to tesco or asda because I ALWAYS choose the slot in the very far corner where noone else ever parks, :D.

Glad it isn't just me!

So that's what the little collection of tidy looking Fabias is in the corner of my local supermarket car park. I always thought it was an elite mini-meet I wasn't invited to:D

I once had a woman hit the hire car I was driving when I stopped at a set of lights, only she managed to do it three times. Too thick to work out why her car wouldn't fit through the gap!

In fact she didn't even notice my car as I drove along behind her holding the horn down and flashing the headlights. She finally noticed when she stopped at some lights and I got out and banged on her window. Then she denied having done it and drove off.

Fortunately the mark brushed off. God knows what she would be like in Tesco's car park.

SWMBO hates (HATES) it when I go to tesco or asda because I ALWAYS choose the slot in the very far corner where noone else ever parks, :D.

Glad it isn't just me!

Mine was the same, until we had children and she found she couldn't get them back in the car due to the retarded plebs who park 2 inches away. Now she does the same.

What I find more annoying is when the people in the car parked next to you, open their doors into your car, leaving a nice dent. Over the last 2 months I've found 4 or 5 dents on my doors. I was actually sat inside for 2 occasions and there was no "sorry" or anything! They were completly oblivious. Gerr.

a geezer in a vectra did that to me the other day outside the cinema, so i did it back when i got out

Sorry to hear about this - never nice, but what can you do!? Hope it doesn't cost too much to put right.

Glad it isn't just me!

Yes, there's another one of those here! I drop SWMBO at the entrance usually, and find my typical faraway place. Then on leaving, leg it over to the car, park up outside in a pick-up space and get everything loaded in :)

Sounds like a hassle I'm sure, but I know which I'd rather have - extra distance to walk each week, or a damaged car....

Steve

LOL - My husband does the exact same thing!

I however - being somewhat lazy - park my car next to reasonably nice ones but somewhere nearer the front (as someone else said - avoid the tatty ones) - Oh and I avoid parking next to seriously jazzy cars - if they've got that much money they wont care about anyone else!

There's something to be said about other parking - pfft - I'm very particular and get annoyed if I'm not bob on in the middle - but squiffy parking is a nightmare for getting the kids in / out.

Either way - your right - I should park further away.... the times I've seen people bump others cars and they just swan off as if nothing ever happend - I feel for you.

I can't understand the ignorance or cheek of people who open their doors into the car next to them.

I ALWAYS make sure that I don't touch the car next to me simply out of respect for other peoples property.

I was parked at the side of the road and there was one space left in front of me before the double yellows started.

A woman pulled in in front of me and proceeded to reverse back in the space... Yes she did ever so slightly nudge the car and then get out and walk off.

I just sat there thinking did she seriously just nudge my car and walk off...

I was younger then, I think now I'd hit the roof...

I do the same as you:) But have started to have home delivery, so no chance of getting the car bumped:thumbup:

Great idea! Unfortunately the wife works at Tesco so I get the occasional dent,

Was even worse when we had a Pug 206 they're made of tinfoil.