Special Edition Octavia VRS

Has any body heard of the new octavia VRS special Edition. i know that the VRS is not having the face lift and there has been talk of some very nice upgrades when they release it in the face lift version in just under a year but i work for a skoda dealer in devon and we have just had the new brochures for the face lift octavia and there is a gorgeous looking limited edition in Anthracite Grey metallic with 18" multi spokes, full leather with red stitching, maxi dot trip computer and the number of the vehicle embroided into the leather and we have heard nothing of this until now but as we have found in the past and this site proves it more than anything, the public seem to find everything out before us.

Its the same sort of thing that they did with the fabia but this time they are only making 500

Cheers

Joe

Has any body heard of the new octavia VRS special Edition. i know that the VRS is not having the face lift and there has been talk of some very nice upgrades when they release it in the face lift version in just under a year but i work for a skoda dealer in devon and we have just had the new brochures for the face lift octavia and there is a gorgeous looking limited edition in Anthracite Grey metallic with 18" multi spokes, full leather with red stitching, maxi dot trip computer and the number of the vehicle embroided into the leather and we have heard nothing of this until now but as we have found in the past and this site proves it more than anything, the public seem to find everything out before us.

Its the same sort of thing that they did with the fabia but this time they are only making 500

Cheers

Joe

any info on availability and pricing?

I'm very surprised about the lack of info about this if it is true. Two dealers I spoke to said they'd heard nothing from skoda despite being asked by customers. One dealer felt communication from skoda re the new octavia had been pretty poor all round.

Got my brochures and I like the look of it and the seats look really cool!

They are limiting production to 500.

Hatchback:-

TFSi= £18,705

CR TD= £19,575

Estate:-

CR TD= £20,450

Extra equipment over the vRS is:

18" LE Alloy Wheels

Antracite Grey Metallic

Full Leather

Maxi-Dot

its not the octavia shown in the link you just gave.

it has just come out it in the new octavia brochure.

2.0TFSI starts at £18'705

2.0TDI CR Starts at £19'575

and the estate is only in diesel at a starting price of £20450

this is the first we have heard of it and i am a sales man in a skoda dealer so we are quite shocked but it looks gorgeous and hopefull we can get one in as a demo and i will bring it to a meet.

it is not avaliable to order until the 1st Jan but that could just be that they have not up dated our system due to people at skoda UK being off for christmas.

The limited edition Octavia is very much like what they did with the fabia. i have no pictures that i am able to get on here yet as i only have the brochure and the pictures that are in there but when i find some thing i will post it on here.

Unfortunately the Fabia VRS will definately not be coming out until 2010 due to the fact that they are doing a face lift then and would cost way to much to do it before which is a shame as i will be purachsing one for the other half (as i have a company car) the minute it comes out.

that's a lot of money for the octy given the prices available on the last few pre-facelift cars.

I could be tempted once i've seen some pics though. it's a shame you don't get some more toys thrown in though.

The spec of the special edition looks a bit weak to me, I would have expected more.

I thought they may have used upgraded engines too e.g. the 218bhp 2.0TFSi seen in the A4 special edition.

Bleurgh, if that Studie RS+ thing is the limited edition, you can keep it!

I'm sure those who get it can put it next to their collection of Spandau Ballet albums, piano-key ties, Filofax, Miami Vice rolled-up-arm Armani suit and red & black formica kitchen tops!

Now. Where did I park my red, hugely whale-tailed 911?

No the limited edition is completely different to the RS+ and looks a hell of a lot better and is only avaliable in Anthracite Grey

They should have done the SE in candy white :thumbup:

I'm obviously biased but mine looks sooooo good :cool:

I think i'll wait for the face lift!

What I really want is a vRS 170 CR with 4x4! Failing that a 170CR Scout! Will I get either??? Over to Mr Skoda .... go on .... please!

If you want a 170 CR then you'll need to get a vRS then....

So come on thoise of you who have the brochures, scan or photo the page and post it?

I have min edue on 6th Jan from Brooklyn, Rugby. It was originally sourced form Skoda directly and I was told by the Skoda representative, at the Emergency Serivces show, that it was on the dockside (Nov 19th) and would be with the dealer shortly. She told me it had different wheels to the standard vRS, which we were stood alongside (18" Zeniths), more 'spokey'. The lease company only actually ordered it from Brooklyn on 19th December and they called it from stock (Grimsby?). Perhaps they couldn't before that? The original Skoda quote was for 2.0CR TDi VRs Anthracite Grey (Limited edition) with Maxi-dot FOC. So I am keen to see if it is THE limited edition and what one looks like!

So come on thoise of you who have the brochures, scan or photo the page and post it?

I have min edue on 6th Jan from Brooklyn, Rugby. It was originally sourced form Skoda directly and I was told by the Skoda representative, at the Emergency Serivces show, that it was on the dockside (Nov 19th) and would be with the dealer shortly. She told me it had different wheels to the standard vRS, which we were stood alongside (18" Zeniths), more 'spokey'. The lease company only actually ordered it from Brooklyn on 19th December and they called it from stock (Grimsby?). Perhaps they couldn't before that? The original Skoda quote was for 2.0CR TDi VRs Anthracite Grey (Limited edition) with Maxi-dot FOC. So I am keen to see if it is THE limited edition and what one looks like!

Are you expecting a leather interior then?

How much did you pay in comparison to the reported £18.7k aasking price???