rear door locked

sparky2

:confused: Hi all, My wife had a problem the other day with her rear offside door staying locked with the central locking and now its started working again, are there any common problems that could have caused it ( did a search and came up with nothing ) could it be the conveniance unit or possably the wiring ? cheers - Stuart.

Given the cold weather it may just have been frozen shut? It's not uncommon for the central locking to get out of sync if the car is locked with a door open. I would see how it behaves over the next few days. HTH

sounds the same as mine. for the last 2 months now my nearside rear intermitently works when locking/unlocking the car.

I thought it was out of sync first, but i think its more of a loose connection/bad soldering point. A good slam of the door fixes it for 1-2 days but it always comes back :( Another thing to add to the list of things that need doing

:confused: Could it be water entering the conveniance unit in the drivers door ? I'm sure I have read something like that ! would vag-com show a fault ? cheers - Stuart.

:thumbdwn: The problem now is getting the door carrier off with all the gunk on it with the water leaks :o

:thumbdwn: The problem now is getting the door carrier off with all the gunk on it with the water leaks :o

got mine booked in with the stealers on monday as i don't have a rivot gun to put the carrier back etc. plus i know i'll end up breaking something

will post back how it goes if you're interested :) if i'm not arrested for bank robbing to pay the bills that is

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a follow up as I said I would...

The stealers didn't actually take the door apart like they said... the guy apparently took the wiring connector off where it plugs into the door and saw some water in there. It was cleared up, then greased and put back together. Its been 7-8 days since then and its opened every time since during heavy rain, ice, warm(ish) weather... so hopefully thats sorted it for good!