Octavia 3

What engine and spec?

Hi Bosnjo,

I decided to go for the "old as the hills" 1.9 TDI PD ( 105 bhp ) in Elegance spec and in "Brilliant Silver". Would like to have seen the 2.0L 140bhp and the 170bhp Common rail diesels, but I'm not sure if these are going to be readily available for test drive or purchase here in Ireland. The Elegance here doesn't come with the option of the wood effect dash inserts, have to settle for the nasty looking silver. Will post photos hopefully this week. The Diesels are coming with a few additional bits and pieces of kit so have decided that its going to be an Octavia 2.75. Incidentally....only a 2 year warranty in Ireland !!!! C'mon Skoda Ireland......step up to the plate for God's sake !!

Was having a hell of a job deciding between the Superb Greenline and this Octavia....the kids ( terrorists no.s 1 and 2 ) would be further away in the Superb :D. Loved the Superb but got a great discount for a cash deal on the Octy. Fingers and toes crossed !

Cheers

Picked my Octavia 3 on January 2nd, also a 1.9TDI Elegance, this time in Antracite grey, went for a slim rear spoiler as well just to finish it off. Getting plenty of looks but that could as much to do with it being one of those rare species of 09's.

Would have liked the option of the 2.0 litre diesel engine but it appears that our options on spec are not as comprehensive over here.

Hey Photoemt,

Anthracite grey is really nice...was a toss up between that and the Silver for me. In a moment of weakness, I went for the RS spoiler.....hope it doesnt look to chav :eek: Avoid car washes with your spoiler.....its bonded rather than bolted

Have fun

I've ordered mine only 2 days ago. As I recently moved to France, I am getting the french spec of Octavia II FL 1.8 TSI DSG (7 speed) Elegance in Arctic green paint. I still had to top it up with Xenons, Duo (leather/tissue) seats & Bolero radio. The initial estimated waiting time here in France is 8-10 weeks (usually more for 1.4 TSI than 1.8 TSI, so I hope to get it sooner).