My CV

Is your car lowered at all?

I don't think his is as it's a taxi, but if you're going along the lines of what I think you are... Baker doesn't seem to get through many and he's lowered his car three actual feet, and while mine's only -40mm I've only had one fail at 92k.

What's your secret, Mr Baker?

I don't think his is as it's a taxi, but if you're going along the lines of what I think you are... Baker doesn't seem to get through many and he's lowered his car three actual feet, and while mine's only -40mm I've only had one fail at 92k.

Well this is an interesting one and saying what I am about to say, mine will probably go but I have only changed them once and that was at around 120k, the car has been lowered 'three feet' (apparently) since 90k and I am currently on 152k...........:D

Correct, standard, I can only assume it's the amount of turns I get through, it is a weak point on the car iirc, and the bl00dy pins seized again as well, I copper greased the other one when it went but this ones gotta be persuaded out again, 80k the car has done, I'm not sure if it's the original one or not though.

Correct, standard, I can only assume it's the amount of turns I get through, it is a weak point on the car iirc, and the bl00dy pins seized again as well, I copper greased the other one when it went but this ones gotta be persuaded out again, 80k the car has done, I'm not sure if it's the original one or not though.

Uh. I've 10k more than a taxi. That's depressing :(

:D

Well this is an interesting one and saying what I am about to say, mine will probably go but I have only changed them once and that was at around 120k, the car has been lowered 'three feet' (apparently) since 90k and I am currently on 152k...........:D

No, really. Three feet. Honest.

In all seriousness, if you changed your gaiters now you're getting about 76k/set and I'm assuming there's no sign of them wearing out any time soon.

I don't think that's too excessive :confused:

It seems to be a bit random as to how quick people's gaiters wear, with perhaps the obvious exception of Superbia.

I know Supacabby doesn't currently run a Superb, but how about you other taxi folk? Taxi-219, for example?

No, really. Three feet. Honest.

In all seriousness, if you changed your gaiters now you're getting about 76k/set and I'm assuming there's no sign of them wearing out any time soon.

I don't think that's too excessive :confused:

It seems to be a bit random as to how quick people's gaiters wear, with perhaps the obvious exception of Superbia.

I know Supacabby doesn't currently run a Superb, but how about you other taxi folk? Taxi-219, for example?

Maybe I am just special..............:P

On another note JB, 1000 miles to service has just appeared at 152k.......:thumbup:

Maybe I am just special..............:P

On another note JB, 1000 miles to service has just appeared at 152k.......:thumbup:

I'll pull my finger out then!

As for 180k on one pair of gaiters, I definitely wouldn't moan at that! :thumbup:

EDIT: I've just realised I've missed a prime opportunity by ignoring the "I guess I'm just special" comment. For this I apologise.

Mine has done 52k and had a gaitor replaced a few months back. As for not turning so many corners, that's what the handbrake is for after all. You only have yourselves to blame really!

Although from the title of this thread I figured you were just touting for a job.

Edited by allclownsareevi

Yeah, I was expecting a Word document as an attachment.

Still, if anyone does have any jobs going I've got my CV to hand...

Oh la-dee-da, "a Word document" indeed. REAL men scrawl their cv on the back of beer mats. :rofl:

Oh la-dee-da, "a Word document" indeed. REAL men scrawl their cv on the back of beer mats. :rofl:

But... I can't list all the things I've done wrong on the back of a beer mat!

Sorry, am I not supposed to list the things I've done wrong? Oh. Maybe that's why I work in customer services! :rolleyes:

Anyway, isn't it illegal to deface a beer mat? Something about changing the likeness of the monarchy?

I've a theory, I have to cross a small patch of rough ground to access my garage, I'm now wondering if the boot is getting snagged or hit by a stone causing a rip.

Possibly, could it be because of the rough surface making the gaiter flex too much? :confused: