OE Sunshades or tinting

Am undecided at present whether to go for permanent after-market tinting in my Octy estate (have been quoted £140 inc VAT from a local company), or the OE sunshades.

If was down to looks only, from the inside, I would imagine the easy answer would be tints as opposed to clip-ons, but then again I'd have to live with tints all year round, and could remove the clip-ons.

Has anyone had experience of both to make a suggestion which they prefer, and why ?

i got the sunshades and would defo recommend them. I had no probs whatsoever with the clips and install took around 2 mins. Plus you have the added bonus that you can remove if you sell the car and put in a new one (assuming you get another octy :D ) Plus shades would be cheaper

HTH

Carl:thumbup:

i got the sunshades and would defo recommend them. I had no probs whatsoever with the clips and install took around 2 mins. Plus you have the added bonus that you can remove if you sell the car and put in a new one (assuming you get another octy :D ) Plus shades would be cheaper

HTH

Carl:thumbup:

Not only that, but they look as good as tints and you can't remove tints and sell them on if changing for a different marque / model.

My OEM made back 60% of their purchase price ..... a winner in my book

:orb_clap:

Thanks for all your help so far - I think I'm leaning towards the OE sunshades.

Tints might have been the way to go, but I'm not sure how long they would stay looking good.

I'll try to post some pics when I've decided.

I used to be undecided, now I'm not so sure.

I had tints on my old vectra and now got oe's for the Octy. Think i prefer oe's for the same reasons as above. I caught the tint on my rear window when i had my parcel shelf off and it looked sh!t after that.

Had shades blown away on motorway when one of back passengers opened rear window. Made u-turn later and got back to the same place, and, lucky me, shade was laying on the road. A bit dangerous operation was to pick it up because of incoming traffic. Now rear windows are locked but next car will have tinted.

Bosnjo, were they OE sunshades that blew away or another make? I'm looking at getting some at the moment due to the january sale but thought they might blow out if the window's opened so was curious as to what make you had.

I agree with previous, I prefer tints but shades (at the moment) are cheaper and don't scratch which is what's happened before on my factory fit tints on other cars.

Bosnjo, were they OE sunshades?

Yes, they were and still are. If you have front window open and someone opens the back one, sunshade flies out of the car. If the front one is closed and back one open, it flies in (at least you don't have to risk your life to recover it). Mines were blown away few times. Mainly because in summer I open all windows to refresh the car before entering. Sometimes I forget to close back ones before taking off. Then they fly...

Next car already ordered with tinted windows.

Edited by bosnjo