Alarm gone off twice tonight, any ideas??

rik_t

Hi,

My VRS's car alarm has gone off twice tonight. I have no idea why. Its been sat there since Saturday night with no issues, my wife went out in it tonight and since she has been back its happened twice. I have just locked it by pressing the button twice which I'm told disables the alarm.

Obviously I need to get this sorted, any ideas? its a 53 plate, is there a battery somewhere which is on its way?

Thanks

I think it may be something to do with the boot sensor also, the boot light works when it wants. Also when I pop the boot open with the key, it pops open then there is a short strange wineing noise.

Was this sensor a recall?

I think you have identified the problem with the comment about the boot light coming on.

Is the rear washer working Ok, if it isnt then check if the water from it is coming out inside the boot lid.

The water gets into the plug on the boot lock and causes the connections to corrode/short out and gives intermittant alarms because it thinks the boot has been opened. .

Worth a check

Dougal

The rear washer works fine, only time it has stopped was when it disconnects in the engine bay.

The boot light has been doing its own thing for a while now, comes on when it wants. Not had the alarm issue till last night and I have not noticed the strange noise when the boot pops ever.

I have called the Skoda dealer nearest my work and they want £80+VAT to look at it, suppose I have no choice. Strange this is I have been out to the car this morning, had a good look around and put the alarm on and its been fine so far (touch wood), suppose I should still take it in on Thursday, these intermitant faults are a problem as they may charge £80 and not find anything.

The dealer I got it from only charge £45+VAT so its annouying how this dealer can charge so much more.

Well WD40 didn't work. I've copied my reply to Dougal from my thread below. Removing the rear boot trim wasn't easy and required a little courage and a decent amount of faith in Skoda plastics. However no where near as hard as relocating the trim!! If your alarm trips again, it might be worth a look.

Well alarm went off again last night. So much for the WD40. Had a chance to look at your reply (Dougal). After 10 minutes ofhard graft and a couple of nasty looking cuts on my fingers, i managed to prize off the boot trim. Lo and behold a distinct aroma of washer fluid, and one loosened wiper hose. Problem now fixed. £80 remains mine. Just deciding how best to spend said windfall. I think it's time MAX had the rear ARB he deserves (blame the kid for them name, but i secretly like it!).

Thanks for the sound advice.

P.s my thread is Alarm fault - boot sensor

Well, been into dealer today as have not got time to look at it.

Anyway, after they have looked they have found the alarm was triggered by the bonnet sensor all 4 times. I had sprayed this with WD40 but not worked clearly.

So the car has been left with them now till monday for them to replace this. Going to cost £142.01p. this includes the £80+VAT diagnosis check.

While it was in they have told me I also need, Wishbone bushes (£140.77), Anti roll bar (this is due to the collars corroding, comes with bushes, £181.12) and intercooler seal (£41.40) These are all being left for now as it needs a service in 2K so will wait for that and just part with the £142 on monday.

Thoughts???

Well, been into dealer today as have not got time to look at it.

Anyway, after they have looked they have found the alarm was triggered by the bonnet sensor all 4 times. I had sprayed this with WD40 but not worked clearly.

So the car has been left with them now till monday for them to replace this. Going to cost £142.01p. this includes the £80+VAT diagnosis check.

While it was in they have told me I also need, Wishbone bushes (£140.77), Anti roll bar (this is due to the collars corroding, comes with bushes, £181.12) and intercooler seal (£41.40) These are all being left for now as it needs a service in 2K so will wait for that and just part with the £142 on monday.

Thoughts???

Hello,

How old is your Fabia VRS to want all these replacement parts.

29/01/2009