Has anyone had a 105 tdi remapped

It would pull a lot harder, however revs that low would not do the DMF any favours.

Also, check if it is worth the extra money on the insurance side of things.

Thanks for the reply, I have got shot of the DMF and now have a nice quiet car thanks to the dealer fitting a single flywheel and clutch system

Its used as a taxi;) but a small power upgrade would help

I have a tuning box going going if your interested in trying a 'cheapo' alternative.

I wanted something as an interim on a 55 plate Golf PD105 (which uses the same engine) and have been pleasantly surprised as to the effect it's had. Just removed it and the difference was noticable but I would hasten to add that this is not substitute for a proper remap but maybe worth a try.

PM me if your interested.

Thanks for the offer Makefish, but if the inevitable ever happened they would be able to see it, but with a small increace through a remap it would not be noticeable unless they checked the ecu

basically I just need a small increace so I am not having to change down as much doing town driving and hopefully getting a few more MPG

I have been looking around various websites at remap options.

Some of them show a typical before and after power/torque. They seem to show that the before and after are pretty similar at low revs and do little until the turbo makes its presence felt around 1900 rpm

eg

http://www.superchips.co.uk/curves/golfmk5tdi105bhp.pdf

At 30mph in 5th you will only be pulling 1000rpm so I don't think a remap is going to be much help.

Edited by eccleshill
typo

Thanks for the offer Makefish, but if the inevitable ever happened they would be able to see it, but with a small increace through a remap it would not be noticeable unless they checked the ecu

Dangerous.... :)

Hi there. I got my 07octy elegance 1.9tdi remapped last saturday by Angel Tuning(Colin) They came down to Cork from northern ireland (5hr drive), and had the job done in 1.5/2hrs. Colin went over the re-mapping procedure with me and when it was finished we went for a test drive. I'm very happy with the car now as it pulls very well in 4/5th gear. The car now has 35 extra horsepower 105-140bhp and from 184-240lbs/ft torque. This is all the power that I need at the moment and the extra grunt when overtaking in very welcome. As for fuel consumption it is too early to tell yet but Colin asures me that as long as I don't drive the nuts off the car there will be a slight inprovement.

As for the insurance company, telling them or not, I'm undecided. I feel that I'm paying enough for driving in ireland at the moment.

In regards to service and price, I would recommend Angel tuning

Would be worth checking the price increase, I would experiment on a website rather than phone your insurance company.

It cost me about £50 extra a year on my remapped 130 tdi.

Remember if you have an accident and they have any sort of suspicions they will be able to find out and it would render your insurance useless.

Personally I wouldn't risk it...

I wanted something as an interim on a 55 plate Golf PD105 (which uses the same engine) and have been pleasantly surprised as to the effect it's had. Just removed it and the difference was noticable but I would hasten to add that this is not substitute for a proper remap but maybe worth a try.

:iagree: Pleasanty surprising performance :D