Fabia dash cup holders

Brynneh

Am I right in assuming that I can't put one of these on my drivers side as there doesn't seem to be a space for it like there was on my passenger side. Have I made a rookie error in buying 2? Although these pop-out holders are simply marvelous.

Yes, you have made a tiny error in buying two, but you'll easily sell it on the For Sale forum. Or take it back to the dealer you got them from, they should have known to at least query why you would want 2, surely?

Are these the ones that you depress and they pop out and magically create a cup holder?

If so, are you able to fit them on any fabia? As opening the glove box to hold a can of pop or whatnot is quite annoying and things have a tendancy to tumble out.

Yes MattHirst they are the magic ones. I got it on ebay, rather than the dealership.

(Incidentally, I'm sure when I was browsing this forum I saw a thread/section for comparing dealers and garages but can't seem to find it now, I'd like to make positive comments about the guy who sold me my SE from mid cornwall)

Looking back in the handbook now, it appears I pluralised cupholder in my head!

Incidentally, I'm sure when I was browsing this forum I saw a thread/section for comparing dealers and garages but can't seem to find it now, I'd like to make positive comments about the guy who sold me my SE from mid cornwall

Here's the Reviews section....

Reviews - Reviews at BRISKODA.net - BRISKODA - The Skoda Forums

I just fitted one on the left side too. Looking on the right side, it seem to me that there is not enough space between the deployed holder and the steering wheel. One would spill the coffee by moving the indicator or the wheel. :eek:

Yes MattHirst they are the magic ones. I got it on ebay, rather than the dealership.

(Incidentally, I'm sure when I was browsing this forum I saw a thread/section for comparing dealers and garages but can't seem to find it now, I'd like to make positive comments about the guy who sold me my SE from mid cornwall)

Looking back in the handbook now, it appears I pluralised cupholder in my head!

Sorry for the semi thread hi-jack, but it seems better to post in here than make another thread on the same subject.

Can you 'retro fit' them in any fabia (52 plate mpi), also do you have any pictures of yours fitted?

While i'm here, do you have a link to the ebay ad (not relevant unless it is a multiple BIN i guess)

Thanks

Matt

Sorry for the semi thread hi-jack, but it seems better to post in here than make another thread on the same subject.

Can you 'retro fit' them in any fabia (52 plate mpi), also do you have any pictures of yours fitted?

While i'm here, do you have a link to the ebay ad (not relevant unless it is a multiple BIN i guess)

Thanks

Matt

What he said ;)

Another option is the double cup holder from the VW Polo that fits under the headunit - VW Part Number 6X0 857 558A 01C

You can see this in some pics I took of my Ipod / Connects2 installation....

Connects2-02.jpg

Connects2-03.jpg

Another option is the double cup holder from the VW Polo that fits under the headunit - VW Part Number 6X0 857 558A 01C

You can see this in some pics I took of my Ipod / Connects2 installation....

Connects2-02.jpg

Connects2-03.jpg

That looks a lot more practical and suits it well, is the part number for a pair or just one?

I see you still have the 'slotted compartment' above them, is that the one that comes in the fabia? If so, did you just cut it in half to fill the gap?

I am lead to beleave that you can get a cup holder for the drivers side as long as you get it imported from a LHD country as the bloke across the road has two in his VRS one was broken when he brought it and the replacement came from germany although he also said it does get in the way a bit

Michael

That looks a lot more practical and suits it well, is the part number for a pair or just one?

I see you still have the 'slotted compartment' above them, is that the one that comes in the fabia? If so, did you just cut it in half to fill the gap?

It comes as one unit - a slot and two cup holders - like this....

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2439&g2_serialNumber=3

As a guide, I picked one up from a local VW dealer in August 2008 for £28.38 inc VAT

It sounds like the one he has is Part Number 6Y0 862 531H 47H and looks like this....

attachment.php?attachmentid=11895&d=1163019863

I have an Elegance with the under-stereo drawer, so I'm thinking about getting this one. Where can I get it from, how much (roughly) will it cost and how easy/difficult/fiddly is the fitting?

It sounds like the one he has is Part Number 6Y0 862 531H 47H and looks like this....

attachment.php?attachmentid=11895&d=1163019863

This is the one, and from what I understand it'll fit any fabia (don't know about other cars) with that vertical area by the radio din.

• 2 weeks later...
How do you go about fitting one of these?

Its easy. All you have to do is remove the blank "switch cover" at the top and remove the screw that is behind it.

Then remove the plastic surround where the heater knobs are and remove the bottom screw. Then the cup holder slots straight in.... done.

Both the switch cover and plastic heater knob surround just need a good pull to remove by the way :thumbup:

Hope this makes sense.