warranty bother.

I have a modded VRS that h

is not even 2 years old yet so is still under warranty (on most parts)

I say most parts as I have just had a problem with a blown EGR return pipe which when the car went into the skoda garage for finding problem and repairing. they state it is not covered by warranty because I have replaced the intake pipe with a PD160 and panel filter. this increase in air flow has caused the damage...

I very much doubt this has caused the problem, as I am no mechanic but at a cost of £250 for changing this part should I bother.

I already have an ALLARD EGR replacement pipe in the garage at home and I was awaiting the end of the warranty in june 2010, but that is so far off and I have to parts already.

my quesion is easy really, should I bother worrying about the warranty on the car seeing as I intend changing so many parts on it any way... this replacement pipe from allard will save me the bother of replacing the split hose, butit will definately void my warranty.

next quesition is should I also fit the SAMCO replacement intercooler pipes at same time and save all the hassel and costs.

I have no ntension of going to a FMIC on this car I would like it to stay quite standard except some definately worth whle mods...

look forward to hearing all your comments...

so not one of you out there can offer a little advice even if not some of the usual Briskoda sarcastic whitt. Now I am disappointed.

oh well fortunately for me Skoda have decided to do all the work under warranty and therefore I have not had to worry about paying out or modding the car to void the warranty...

Didnt spot this post before - but in principle they could void warranty as it is modded.

The PD160 intake in all fairness should not cause ANY trouble whatsoever for the warranty, however if they want to be 100% strict, modded is modded.

Glad it is sorted out though. I am surprised you havent fitted the rest though, as you have all the gear already, I would probably stick the exhaust and hose kit on, or run it past your dealer to see whether they would be 'ok' with those items even?

You will find that if they have refused a warranty already , then it could be on the computer saying that warranty is invalid anyway

When I was doing warranty work , I saw many many car that warranty was invalid due to modifications on there

But tend to find that electrics will be OK

I am suprised at that though.....the PD160 will not cause that fault

But then , I did think it was down to Skoda to confirm that the fault was proven that the PD160 was the part that made the EGR fail.....

Sarah

I'd agree with Sarah; the intake pipe change shouldn't cause that failure (actually, does it do anything other than reduce lag if you don't make other modifications?), and it would be down to Skoda to show (not just state) that the modification caused the failure. Obviously the TIP is no longer under Skoda warranty, but there's a 12 month Seat warranty on it.

I would agree the PD160 pipe should not impact on things in a bad way - however if it is modded, it voids warranty. In reality some common sense and reason is applied here, but still.

I cant see how the EGR would get damaged by a pipe etc.

The parts will not invalidate the whole of the warranty , just the parts assosiated with it

So the exhaust will only effect the exhaust and assosiated parts with it.....which is MM nothing

So they can say the intake will be invalidated and part assosiated with it , but the EGR is more after the engine and towards the exhaust wont it?????

Skoda UK tut tut

Sarah

To be honest and this is my IMHO I think Skoda warranty means jack ***t and most dealers will tell you anything to get out of replacing parts.

You are right about them telling you porkies about increased air flow balls is all ive got to say to that.

Stick to your guns when you know you're being lied to.

If I were you Id just replace the valve with the allard one as your car will breath fresh air then instead of recylcled soot.

But once you have modded the intake...the egr...boost hoses...intercooler...turbo....you may as well include the engine. You are forcing too much air in beyond spec ( not that the car cannot take it they do no see it that way).

If you do not use vw screenwash they can refuse warranty work on the washer system..