VRS in Milder Weather

MoggyTech

Just a few observations as it was a blistering 10c in Scotland today. :rofl:

1: Leather seats, my bum didn't feel like it was sucking a mint, as the leather was quite warm.

2: Nice to start the car without it sounding like a mechanics tool chest falling down three flights of stairs

3: Oh so smooth to drive, with an extra 6MPG into the bargain

4: It didn't get manky, as the roads were dry and no salt either

Looking forward to my first summer with the VRS :thumbup:

1. Even in the coldest of the cold weather I never had problems with the temperature of my leather seats :D

2. Agreed - very nice indeed

3.\o/ Agreed - noted on the way home this weekend.

4. Love this - means I can finally spend the money and get Baker21 to give my car a good seeing to :D.

Just a few observations as it was a blistering 10c in Scotland today. :rofl:

1: Leather seats, my bum didn't feel like it was sucking a mint, as the leather was quite warm.

2: Nice to start the car without it sounding like a mechanics tool chest falling down three flights of stairs

3: Oh so smooth to drive, with an extra 6MPG into the bargain

4: It didn't get manky, as the roads were dry and no salt either

Looking forward to my first summer with the VRS :thumbup:

Amen to that brother!!

Its even better in the summer with all the windows down, going down some high street, hitting the boost, then letting the dump valve do the talking. Echoing off all the houses.

and YES i think im a ned!!! lol

Leather? N/A for me. But it's nice not to have to de-ice the car in the morning. Nice to be able to get fresh air in through the windows. Nice to be able to drive home @ 5.30 and it's still "kind of" light. Nice to see 60+mpg out the mongrel for my pottle to work. Nice to have a clean car, staying clean (until I drove down a back lane tonight where the fields were still spilling on to the roads. :rolleyes: )

Nice to have some grip from the tyres! :D (toyos are not good when ambient temps reach near freezing)

Loving this milder weather at the moment, getting an extra 6mpg to as well which is all good, for once the car actually is staying clean which will help me at the weekend in preparing it for the Scottish Vag Mega Meet!

But it all looks like it will be winter again next week, so better make the most of it!

Love the car in the dry! Weathers been terrible ever since I've got it and along with everyone else it seems.. cannot wait for summer :D

MoggyTech, where in central Scotland are you from mate?

I'm in Livingston buddy.

Update. Went to South Queensferry today, and average MPG showed 73.9 MPG :D I know the puter is about 6% optimistic, but I reckon that's still high 60's and it did include a few "Look out misses, coming through" moments.

These cars are just so much fun, even for an older f+rt like me :rofl:

Car Stays cleaner...?

I washed mine on Sunday morning, then decided to go for a play up on the Moors and to take pics of it in the last of the snow. I came back an hour or so later and my car was mucker than it started... grrrrrrrrr

I Hate Black Cars!!!!

Jase what's it like with 260bhp in winter with summer tyres on? :D

Just seen this, and at time it is "interesting" - But the T1R tyres perform pretty well most of the time. :cool: Warmer weather means I can see mpg readouts like this on my way to work, without trying too hard. Gotta love BFO hybrid turbos off boost. :thumbup:

DSC00121.jpg