Fabia vrs economy

newskoda

50mph in 5th was certainly getting better mpg than 6th the other day (something like 62-65 vs 50-55?)

Yeah. Yesterday I drove 35 miles down to Lakeside shopping centre on the M25 doing approx 65/70mph. By the time I had parked up, the average MPG was 73.4!

And that was with carrying two additional adult passengers, and booting it up to a tonne for a few seconds while going up that steep part near the Brentwood junction.

I really love this car!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to carlisle at the weekend to pick up flowers for my wedding from a fellow couple of brisky members and the car managed on average of 56MPG on the whole trip including three stops, one in moffat, Carlisle and Hawick at an average speed of about 51mph according to the trip computer.

• 1 month later...

Blimey I thought my VRS was not as good as it should be but reading this thread now I'm even more impressed with the car.

Over the last two and a half years I have done 57,000 miles and the consumption has continued to improve even now!!

At a steady indicated 74mph (70mph according to Sat Nav as lots of speed cameras on route to Scotland) I get between 52 and 56mpg (AC on all the time) dependant upon the weather - non of this touring around at 56mph for me!!

Heavy rain and/or higher speed drops this to ~45mpg.

In fact the OVERALL consumption for the car and 57k miles is over 51mpg - this includes round town, over the hills in the lakes and Scotland, commuting through the M42/M6 area around Birmingham and driving like a hooligan at times. (I have to log all the data for business reasons).

Typical consumption for normal driving is 52/53 which gives 430-440 miles to the orange light (showing 80 miles left in the tank).

Yes I can get over 60 mpg but boy is it boring.

I can confirm that at below 55mph is more economical to use 5th as you need less throttle to keep the car moving which is the trick to improve the consumption,

Daddyfix