Wardy's Octavia vRS

Wardy

ROFL - just as well really, I've spent enough money as it is at Awesome within the last year :D

Time to spread the load a little; I'll go and get them from JKM instead :P

Anyway Pete, was that you down there ordering some KWs for yours?? :rubchin: ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Was reduced to three inflated tyres this weekend. I think nails shouldn't live on the highway personally and belong in walls or old Nescafe jars :(

Offside rear got hit, so a replacement F1 GSD-3 is now on its way. It's friend on the nearside still has 5mm+ so seemed to be the most straightforward resolution.

Ho hum :rolleyes:

Steve

That means the offside rear will grip more so you will be OK going round Right handers

But you will have to lower your speed by 1.347796122222222(recurring) mph to take a Lefter of the same severity :D:D

Carl:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted a Bolero earlier :D

Very nice bit of kit it is too, pleased with it. 16Gb SDHC on its way, which should take care of musical needs. 6CD in-dash with MP3 disc support is handy too.

I took some phone camera photos but they're not great as it was pretty dark. Will take some when I'm at Awesome tomorrow.

Oh, and full track info on Maxidot is ace. That was a nice surprise :cool:

Cheers,

Steve

Nice one Steve

Stereo upgrade is high on my agenda, so tell me...

What made you go for the Bolero over the Colombus? Mainly price?

Looking forward to the pics

Cheers

Damian

Price was a pretty big factor yeah, but also the fact that I already have a TomTom with proper mounting and use that when I need to. It's also handy to have nav that can move with me - I can think of quite a few occasions when that's come in handy. So I'd be paying quite a bit more for features on the Columbus that I wouldn't fully make use of.

Forgot to take photos of it earlier, but I'll sort some out, hopefully tomorrow.

Steve

very impressed with this bolero do da , looks really good , better with the chrome trim rings i think , you gonna look for some ?

you had your camera with you today? how could you forget .

Will track them down yeah, for the Climatronic controls. Chris said they were from an S3 :thumbup:

I was too busy taking pictures of other stuff :D

Steve

Got these ones available (cheers for bosnjo on here for supplying the top-quality photo):

http://img108.mytextgraphics.com/photolava/2007/12/23/octyac-48xgq1w49.jpg

But there's also these ones, ironically available from Awesome :rofl:

Awesome > ECS Billet Alu Climatronic Rings Mk5/Eos/Jet/PasB6

And some fancy bits available here:

eBay Shop: Suchergebnisse für TEZAL-RINGS.

Steve

Edited by Wardy
Found more stuff!

Yeah, I'm minded to agree on the Awesome ones. Just updated the post above; found an eBay seller of such things :D

Steve

think the others are more of a match to the dials on the bolero tho mate , more intergrated

• 3 months later...