Spark Plugs - Bosch Super 4 FR78

Wondering if anyone has used these on a VRS and what the general thoughts are.

I have used them on previous cars and found them to be good but am currently using Denso Iridium's.

Plugs will be due on the next service so thought I'd get an idea beforehand.

Regards

Ian

Never found anything wrong with 063AA's myself.

Curious as how you might find a plug to be 'good' or other wise.

My first Skoda was a Felicia 1.3 GLXi and it had a stutter that I couldn't get to the bottom of. Tried changing dizzy cap, rotor arm, HT leads, coil and eventually the plugs to the super 4's and this was the thing that seemed to cure it. I always assumed that the way the spark goes sideways to the nearest electrode gave a better ignition by being more exposed.

I've used them ever since till I got the octi when I switched to the Denso's.

Just thought I'd try and get an opinion of them as some plugs do seem to work better than others on certain cars it would seem.

I have no running issues with the Octi as such so the current plugs are good but are also quite expensive and thought I'd look at cheaper alternatives.

Ian

I've used them on other cars and always found them to be crap. The car ran ever so slightly lumpy and I think they are a bit of a marketing con myself. The reason I think they made my last car run a bit rubbish was down to the fact the atomised fuel was hitting the electrode bit and not being directly sprayed into the spark itself. Obviously the super 4's have 4 electrode bits (or whatever they are called) so the chances of a really good clean burn are reduced due to the atomised fuel swirling around the 4 electrode bits. as for Iridium plugs.....well, you cant go wrong can you. Not sure if you can set the gaps on super 4's either. :confused:

No I don't use them, I use Super Platinums..............FR7DPP33 is Euro parts number for them. £18.75 for four of them. Single bent bit(not sure what it called:O) some may be a cheaper option instead of the Densos. How much are the Densos out of interest ???

No I don't use them, I use Super Platinums..............FR7DPP33 is Euro parts number for them. £18.75 for four of them. Single bent bit(not sure what it called:O) some may be a cheaper option instead of the Densos. How much are the Densos out of interest ???

Last time I got some they where about £12 a plug :eek:

Ian

Last time I got some they where about £12 a plug :eek:

Ian

That is a bit steep really imo. Would they make any real world difference on the road ???

Edited by fatty5000
typo

Always used Denso's from the Oilman in my old Octy vRS, good price with members discount.

When it was first mapped the OEM plugs started get lumpy, but changed to Denso Iridium's and never a problem with them.

Do splitfire still make plugs? It's a name I haven't heard mentioned in a long time.

Ian

I think so, as the Oilman was selling them on his site, have a look?

I've also used Bosch super 4, Advantages were---- No need to adjust gaps(already matched to car on Bosch's conversion chart), no need to clean, last for years, give bigger spark to burn more fuel. Never had one fail either.

I'm running Bosch Super 4's (recommended by the LPG installer) and they did clean up some of the early running issues and gas mileage improved as well.