Maidstone Meet Apr 09

lfc958

I have a mate who lives in Maidstone near the town centre...has had his Civic's plates stolen twice!! Plates were put on a Punto which has had a few tanks worth of fuel without paying. Feckers!!....fancy driving a Punto. :-)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will try to make this one but my car blew it's turbo last Sat in Devon. Long story and will bore you with it if I come. I will be in my dad's Merc C280 which I've had to requisition.

Free rides for all who attend in a Merc then ? :D:rofl:

I will be in my dad's Merc C280 which I've had to requisition.

An Uncle had one of those a few years back, managed to lay a set of "11's" about 100yards long on a damp road :D

My cousin was very impressed as it was an Auto :D

Hi all looks like I prob won't be there this month as have to go down to Devon to pick the car up. Skoda is paying for a new turbo but I have to pay the £300 labour. Got a belt change due as well. Are Impossible better than Sherlodge? Both asking similar money.

Mike I can bring the Merc in May if you like.she's a 1995 but yes she shifts when you put your boot in. I've been burbling around with the auto on E setting to save cash but the box on kickdown and full throttle upsbifts is brilliant even after 14 years.

I would recomend Immposiable. They did the cam belt on my old vRS, the car felt ace afterwards :thumbup:

Booked in for next week,looks like a really good set up there. Popped in after work and they seem like nice guys. They do the water pump as well when Sherlodge quoted same price fir just belt and tensioner. That was the deciding factor. Lot of money being spent this month what with the labour for the new blower as well! See you all in May.

Edited by Matt Bodycombe

Sherlodge are crap. Only brought my vrs at the end of feb and it had to go back two weeks ago, because a report can with the car saying the car had, had a complete check over, but it did point out that the center bracket on the exhaust was broken.

And i could hear that something was a miss underneath so i took it back, and when the technician had brought the keys back he said to the bloke behind the reception desk that it wasn't replaced before deliver because they where told not to do it....???

Very strange............??????:confused:

And its got to go back again, it keeps squeaking alot of the time when driving and also when closing the drivers door, not sure what that is..........??????

Not sure i`ll be buying from them again..........?:thumbdwn:

And I was going to bring my Nurburgring DVD along for you :rolleyes::D

See you at the next one mate, hope the move goes well!

Oh, sorry! :( Aim for next time! I would like to see that! :)

Thanks mate, move should be okay! Got a Passat Estate and my Octy's boot, shouldn't need too many trips! :D

Thanks mate, move should be okay! Got a Passat Estate and my Octy's boot, shouldn't need too many trips! :D

Couldnt one of those trips be on Friday past the white ra;bbit ? ;)

Sherlodge are crap. Only brought my vrs at the end of feb and it had to go back two weeks ago, because a report can with the car saying the car had, had a complete check over, but it did point out that the center bracket on the exhaust was broken.

And i could hear that something was a miss underneath so i took it back, and when the technician had brought the keys back he said to the bloke behind the reception desk that it wasn't replaced before deliver because they where told not to do it....???

Very strange............??????:confused:

And its got to go back again, it keeps squeaking alot of the time when driving and also when closing the drivers door, not sure what that is..........??????

Not sure i`ll be buying from them again..........?:thumbdwn:

Give Beadles at Aylesford a shout. Had the vRS in there for a few minor tweaks and adjustments. Seem a good bunch so far......... :thumbup: I can PM you the number if you want, or see the review section.

Bring your police ID on Friday Richie, we're on numberplate thief watch :thumbup:

Never off duty...................... :P

If anybody have the keys to remove a symphony stereo could you bring them with you Friday?

Thanks in advance....

Will see if i can find mine :thumbup: