Best place for a Sachs clutch?

Hi Everyone.

Ok I need the clutch replacing soon as it is starting to slip, only doing it a little at the moment so I got time to find a good deal. anyone got a good place to get one from? I looked at Jabba and they want £1K for the clutch and DMF before even fitting :eek:

I might also go for a few other bits that need sorting as well.

Thanks

Phil

Edited by phil_monk

SPEC is the man's clutch, eh Gary? ;)

I would avoid any kevlar/organic clutch as I burned one out too easily for my liking.

By the way, I have concluded the best place for a Sachs clutch is between the engine and the gearbox. :thumbup:;)

Mine was really good value. More or less I got the diff for £700, clutch for £600 and got the whole lot fitted in around 8 hours mates rates labour. :thumbup: Of course, the exchange rate has artificially inlfated all the prices I paid 18 months ago or so.

Jabbasport should supply and fit the sachs clutch and SMF for around £1k unless their prices have sky-rocketed in which case, tell em your from here and that you know other people who have had the work carried out for £1k

I just bought an SMF Sachs Clutch kit from Jabbasport for £912!!!

Whats it like ?

If/when I come to replace my clutch I was thinking either the sachs or helix setup and wanted to know what the sachs would be like ?

Jabbasport should supply and fit the sachs clutch and SMF for around £1k unless their prices have sky-rocketed in which case, tell em your from here and that you know other people who have had the work carried out for £1k

the euro has pushed the price of most things up very high. I might try and see how long I ca get the existing one to last,Awsome have quoted a lot cheeper so I will most probly go with them. My mate has just had a load of work done at jabba and i think it was a bit over priced to be honest.

My mate has just had a load of work done at jabba and i think it was a bit over priced to be honest.

Before I needed anything from Jabba I rolled in there when a frind went for a ride in Lukes super Fabia.

I mentioned the local dealership wanted half an hours labour to turn the anti hijack/auto door lock feature on.

Luke jumped in with a lappy and turned the feature on for feck all in five minutes.

I've finally found a garage that respects my car and me.

With their books full recently they still found space for my car and a service - I wanted it before the 40K rollover.

They seemed really busy in the current credit crunch market and they have their reputation to thank for that if nothing else.

Your friend has used a good solid garage and he can rely on their work, for me that's priceless.

Whats it like ?

If/when I come to replace my clutch I was thinking either the sachs or helix setup and wanted to know what the sachs would be like ?

It hasnt arrived yet. But i'll let you know when it does!