Alloy Opinions please

Wheel Colour for Corrida Red  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Wheel Colour for Corrida Red

• Gun metal/Anthracite/Black
    • White
    • Other

Hi All

Opinions please - i may have acquired a set of Octy Spiders but am looking for a change from standard silver.

Think opposites attract and either dark or light would work with Corrida Red

Thanks to iantype-r and the pistonheads advert for VRS SE number 1 I have crudely photochopped the likely options

gunmetalwheels.jpgwhitewheels.jpg

SWMBO hates the white - saying its too "chavvy" and would get her attention she wouldn't want during her commute. I on the other hand love it! :rolleyes:

Opinions or other options more than happily listened too

I've voted for white. I like the anthracite but think the white works well with the red car. Either choice will look good though, but obviously the white will attract more attention. And probably show up any kerbing more than the anthracite would.

Alternatively if it all seems too much you could just sell me the Spiders.:thumbup::D

And probably show up any kerbing more than the anthracite would.

and don't forget the dirt! Weekly wash anyone!

Alternatively if it all seems too much you could just sell me the Spiders.:thumbup::D

ahh but would you buy them if they were white?! ;)

...and looked different.

"Different" is what I am after but what the missus wants to avoid :rofl:

I used to have a seat Ibiza cupra sport with white wheels, an absolute pain to keep clean, and they show wear and tear so much. As much as I like the look of white, I think the other option is far better.

My brother has a T reg Ibiza Cupra in blue with the white wheels and it look great but he says they are a nightmare!

Keep the opinions coming guys :thumbup:

I voted for the dark colours.

A friend had a set of white powdercoated wheels on for about 3k miles, he got fed up of cleaning them so they always looked grey! Unsuprisingly he swapped them for a dark set. :rolleyes:

At one point, I was contemplating white wheels for mine but I was put off by how dirty they get and how quickly they show wear and tear. A dark colour IMO would be better unless your planning on making yours a show car!

Luke

I really like white wheels, but voted gun metal!

I dunno why, but to me, the white wheels look like a car "trying" to look fast.. the Gun metal looks like a car that IS fast.

the white wheels look like a car "trying" to look fast..
Ibiza.jpg

This had white wheels and I thought it was very fast.... ...but still it was a hooligan of a car, and it was bright green - need I say anymore? In all seriousness, go for the gunmetal colour, white is fun for a bit, but just looks a little immature. That gun metal colour looks sleek and not over the top, and I will agree makes a fast car look fast!

It's a shame there isn't something in the middle.. a kind of shiny grey.

... oh, wait...lol ;) hehe!

What about gold... yeah, i know.. gut reaction is god NO!.. but think about it for a second, let it sink in...

• 4 weeks later...

I voted other, meaning silver or white really, white does show chips easily but then so does anthracite, my last wheels where anthracite and they looked good for about 10 mins after cleaning the car then the slightest bit of dust made them look stinking, brought the whole car down imho, it never ever looked that clean, especially from a distance.

wow i'd deleted my subscription to my own thread but thaks to all for reviving after a month

If I find a set I think i've decided to go with somewhere between white and anthracite but chosing a colour called....

....OEM silver! :)

Having the need for new bushes, and new brakes has put new wheels and powder coating down the order or priorities!

Edited by PastyBoy