vRS remap?

Hi there guys.

I've got a 2006 Fabia vRS on 45k miles and i'm looking at getting it remapped.

Any recommendations on who to go with? What would you recommend is a safe bhp to remap too?

I've seen Celtic Tuning do a map to 190bhp. Is this a good map/company?

I don't want a thick black cloud following me everywhere haha!

Thanks

What is the average bhp people have their vRS's tuned to?

That's a very difficult question to answer. Most remaps claim 165-175bhp but some of them are downright untruthful. Not all rolling roads read the same results either. And massive power and torque actually mean very little if the car delivers the power in a way that makes it difficult or unpleasant to drive. Also beware of massive torque that will destroy the standard clutch.

A custom remap from someone like Jabba will give you what you want eg. a longer power delivery or a more 'petrol-like' driving experience.

A generic remap will give you a decent boost for less, but you may want to try a car that has been mapped first to make sure you like the effect.

It's also worth bearing in mind that the standard power outputs of vRS's vary widely. Mine was measured at 148bhp at Power Station, and it's not been touched, so a 170bhp remap would only give me a 22bhp increase rather than the 40bhp theoretical figure. BLT engines seem to be quite good (135-150bhp) whereas the older ASZ engines are more like the claimed 130bhp.

I've got my car booked in with Jim @ Star performance in Kircaldy at the start of May. Standard ASZ ran a 136/229 @ Dastek in Nov. so am gonna see how Jim gets on with a FMIC, Milltek and de-cat:DHappy days. Hopefully close to 180, but TBH I just want ace power delivery, nice and strong pull through the revs. Peak BHP is just a figure.

Hi there.

Performance Torque did my car about a month ago. I'd tell anyone to go see Andy Wja96 is correct about Fabias pulling more than 130bhp mine pulled 149 with a Green filter and PD160 intake.

I had worries about getting it done but Andy explained everything. I didn't want the peak figures for torque due to being worried about the clutch and flywheel so he played about and I ended up with

183bhp and 281 peak torque figure.

When it pulled I felt the same as Wja96 about a remap not giving you as much as you think but the difference is chalk and cheese not only in the perfomance but the way the car now drives it's so much smoother and likes to rev

Over all i'm chuffed to bits with it and would recomend.

Regards Chris

The local ones around me are Custom-Code, Revo, Superchips, or STAR. I've heard Custom-Code maps are quite smooth so hopefully I can get them to tweak it a little bit. I don't want the power to come in a massive lump and throw me back in my seat, I'd be happy if it just pulled hard all the way through the rev range.

I have a generic Revo Map on mine with a switcher (which I've never used), claimed around 180bhp, within a week it was at Jabba having a Sachs clutch fitted as it was slipping. I could really do with a custom map now, when I get the exhaust fitted I'll have to take it somewhere to see the benefit of the mods I guess

If you look at the graph on superchip's website, the standard PD130 engine is actually producing 138BHP, mine is producing 142BHP (bog standard) on Motorscope Rollers. I have heard that Gary's (Oilburninnut) standard SE was producing 155BHP at Awesome.

Mine did 145 on stock map with the hybrid & FMIC fitted, on the SC RR. You should really look at the difference between pre- & post- map and how the graphs have changed rather than peak figures, as they are pretty meaningless on their own.

Hi there guys.

I've got a 2006 Fabia vRS on 45k miles and i'm looking at getting it remapped.

Any recommendations on who to go with? What would you recommend is a safe bhp to remap too?

I've seen Celtic Tuning do a map to 190bhp. Is this a good map/company?

I don't want a thick black cloud following me everywhere haha!

Thanks

Where abouts are you Chris?

We can offer a stage 1 remap for £265.00 all in including dyno runs, up to a hybrid turbo conversion :D

Feel free to drop me an e-mail with any questions :thumbup:

had mine done with P-torque about a week or so ago made 141bhp standard and 167bhp and 297lbft of torque mapped pulls like a train now all for a measurely 265 pound well worth it imo

I've got my car booked in with Jim @ Star performance in Kircaldy at the start of May. Standard ASZ ran a 136/229 @ Dastek in Nov. so am gonna see how Jim gets on with a FMIC, Milltek and de-cat:DHappy days. Hopefully close to 180, but TBH I just want ace power delivery, nice and strong pull through the revs. Peak BHP is just a figure.

yours is similar to mine except for the devils own w/m injection kit and i got 179.5bhp on Jims rollers and over 300 ft/lb (clutch slip prevented an accurate reading )

The skip is a tad 'special' but a Richard Washbrook remap has it at 250bhp, and 400lb/ft of torque.

Can't argue with that eh?

Andy2407 has one of his as well.

I think I'm a tad spoiled for mods. though...........:D