Picnic/Bar B Que meet feeler

sms

Im looking to organise a picnic/bar b que and day of fun n games at lydiard park near Swindon (www.lydiardpark.org.uk) on Sunday 7 June 2009 starting at 10am. It be a case of everyone bring some food along and if someone has or can get hold of a big bar b que for the cooking (and maybe show off your bbq skills). Fun and games, for the kids with plenty to do, a kids adventure playground on site and maybe (if numbers surfice) a treasure hunt in the afternoon.

At the moment its a feeler to see how this gauges out!!

Just noticed from their site (things change) that we would need to hire a bbq, so how about we just do this as a picnic?

Edited by smstext
cough wrong date.

im thinking of a treasure hunt like thing but not decided on site or a drive (not too familar with local landmarks that way, just know of it and the grounds).

You'll want to be going well out of swindon for a drive! Its a flippin nitemare for traffic around there.

which bit did you live in i spent a year living in upper stratton and remember haydon wick basically not exisiting and it being fields there too (and the country road from the pinehurst/haydon area through to sparcells).

ahhh the summers of trecking down all those cycle tracks out that way stopping at each little play park along the way!

Used to live in Moredon from the age of 2 up to 11. My sis lived in Pinehurst, now lives in Toothill. Also did a stint in Penhill - and lives to tell the tale!!!

• 2 months later...

I havent planned anymore of this since my last posting after being pm'd by a member here and told not to organise anything as another member was doing it and that i was treading on their toes. Its getting close and as there is nothing else organised on this i will safely say that this event is officially cancelled unless Ant has actually planned anything and has anything in the pipeline.