How embarrassing........!?

So, a reasonably pleasant drive up to Fort William on Fri afternoon only to find myself being burnt up and overtaken...................by an 'M' reg, stretched Volvo hearse :eek: ! (not carrying anyone pleased to say). OK, I didn't exactly try to fight it and kept my lawful steady 60, thinking it would be an amusing thing to happen as I saw him lining it up a few times in the preceding miles.

As a contrast to the traffic light GP dits, can anybody share any other incidents of being the 'victim' of an embarrasing overtake?:o

Most hearse's actually have pretty beefy engines. The old Ford's used to have the 6 cylinder engines, mainly due to the weight of the body and the low end smoothness.

I would imagine the Volvo also had something pretty serious underneath, assuming of course it was standard.... Hearse's are cult vehicles, and plenty end up with V8's and tuned engines.

I'm loving the "Dad" joke BTW Cheesebox:rofl:

Hewesy

EDIT - just done some googling, which model Volvo was it? The 850 hearse has a 3.0l V6 - 200bhp! The older 740 may have had the 2.3l engine.

Edited by hewesy

That had that hearse on Pimp My Ride UK a few years ago, was a Ford Granada with a 3.0 v6 if memory serves.

Most embarresing overtake was when I was limping home with a punctured tyre, having put that get home foam in and was limited to 40mph my gran (god rest her soul) did me in her 1.0 Metro :-(

So, a reasonably pleasant drive up to Fort William on Fri afternoon only to find myself being burnt up and overtaken...................by an 'M' reg, stretched Volvo hearse :eek: ! (not carrying anyone pleased to say). OK, I didn't exactly try to fight it and kept my lawful steady 60, thinking it would be an amusing thing to happen as I saw him lining it up a few times in the preceding miles.

As a contrast to the traffic light GP dits, can anybody share any other incidents of being the 'victim' of an embarrasing overtake?:o

Jimmy - first - the nearest crematorium (and I know , having had to bury both parents in the last 15 years) is in Cardross (between Helensburgh and Dumbarton) --so they do tend to make a lot of trips on that road .

Secondly - manny moons ago I worked in Fort Bill , and the then to be Mrs V lived and worked in Onich (in the hotel trade ,finishing about 10.30 ,when pub closing was 10.00,dead)

My proud boast was that (in an A40 farina ,40BHP) I could leave Claggan , about a mile north of Fort Bill, about 2155, and still legally order a pint in Onich before closing . So ,don't be embaressed - he knew the road -like I used to in my olde Commer van , passing many thing in complete safety .

Been up there past few years ,as Dad went into hospital about two years ago - still amazes me how slow peeps drive that road - and how little Furby can handle it (given the change from a 40bhp car to a 70 bhp one,with FWD etc)

Past Glasgow - it's not how fast yer car - it's more how well you can read the road (unless you know it )

Jimmy - first - the nearest crematorium (and I know , having had to bury both parents in the last 15 years) is in Cardross (between Helensburgh and Dumbarton) --so they do tend to make a lot of trips on that road .

Secondly - manny moons ago I worked in Fort Bill , and the then to be Mrs V lived and worked in Onich (in the hotel trade ,finishing about 10.30 ,when pub closing was 10.00,dead)

My proud boast was that (in an A40 farina ,40BHP) I could leave Claggan , about a mile north of Fort Bill, about 2155, and still legally order a pint in Onich before closing . So ,don't be embaressed - he knew the road -like I used to in my olde Commer van , passing many thing in complete safety .

Been up there past few years ,as Dad went into hospital about two years ago - still amazes me how slow peeps drive that road - and how little Furby can handle it (given the change from a 40bhp car to a 70 bhp one,with FWD etc)

Past Glasgow - it's not how fast yer car - it's more how well you can read the road (unless you know it )

That is so true. I was up around Loch Lochy last week and heading north to Applecross and could not keep up the postal van that had just delivered to my hotel!!

I got overtaken on an open 60mph road in Harris a couple of weeks ago by a Toyota Aygo, and then by a rusty old Daihatsu Sportrak immediately after!

Nutters...