Briskoda.net Member Survey 2009

AlphaPapa

According to my Mac: "The web site you are visiting appears to contain malware..." It also says the name of the malware (I presume cookie) is xtrarobotz.com . WTF? :confused:

Oh, thats just Alex hacking you, nothing too worry about :D

I have no idea really, just ignore me......I'm Alex sure will be able too help

:):)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, i think your Mac is wrong! The software is called LimeSurvey and its a completely standard install and i host the survey on my own server, it should be malware free :D

Unless of course.. its been hacked!

Edited by apinner

Yes.. i can confirm the survey has been hacked! :mad:

UPDATE:

I have removed the offending code and changed all the passwords, hopefully it will not return. Keep me posted if anyone spots anything suspicious!

It would seem i am infected and it has infected every single 'index.php' file on my server! Looks like i have a fun night :mad:

UPDATE:

It gets better, whatever i have has accessed every single web server i have FTP access to and infected every single index.php file i have rights to change (quite a few) :( :(

Edited by apinner

169 people have completed the survey! Thanks to those 169 people.. but we have many many more members than that, so if you haven't completed it please do! It will take you 2 minutes and you would really be doing us a favor :D

I cannot complete it as my virus scanner says it is a theat :thumbdwn:

Yes i am aware of the issue and its todays task fixing it! My machine has been infected with some malware that i finally managed to get rid of last night, i am starting the huge clean up operation now!

Everything should be fine in a few hours, i am sorry about this!

Was able to complete it today, had virus warnings the first time i tried.

glad you sorted it Alex,

From a Happy Favorit Driver :D

apinner, i just decided to have a look to see this malware warning that i never got, and now im getting it and my av program wont let me look at the questionaire.

Your kidding me right? I cant see anything in the code that would suggest anything nasty! There are also no entries in the log to suggest any tampering either, maybe you need to clear your cache and refresh!

yeap seems better now even through my cache is always cleared after each session... maybe the av company accidently set up a malware warning for something and changed its mind as when i originally done the survey it was fine, when i checked yesterday after reading what people had posted it came up malware, but now its fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to remove the Notice that appears on the front page asking if i could do the survey, as i have done it :D