Auto Windows Enable?

Hey chaps,

Have searched around a bit on here and can't seem to find a definitive answer.

I have a 53plate Superb Classic 1.9TDi and I'm wondering if I can somehow enable the auto windows feature (windows close when you press the remote key fob) .... currently the car will close the windows if you insert and twist the key and hold it for a while, but I was wondering how to enable it via the key fob ... or even if it's possible?

Cheers in advance.

-cLoWnS

Something that's not fitted to the Classic models then? My comfort model superb does this out of the box...

This feature cannot be activated by the key fob on Superb models Comfort and Classic spec pre 2003 I believe as I don't have the lusury of this feature either.

You can activate this feature by putting the key in the driver's door lock and holding open or closed dependant on what you want to do..........:thumbup:

This feature cannot be activated by the key fob on Superb models Comfort and Classic spec pre 2003 I believe as I don't have the lusury of this feature either.

You can activate this feature by putting the key in the driver's door lock and holding open or closed dependant on what you want to do..........:thumbup:

So if it's possible with 'the key in the door' method then maybe VCDS could change the code for it to work from the remote? Has anyone tried it?

So if it's possible with 'the key in the door' method then maybe VCDS could change the code for it to work from the remote? Has anyone tried it?

When it comes to electronics and coding things I am afraid I have to take a back seat as it's all over my head..........:(

A mate of mine has just bought an 03 Passat that does not have the autowindows and he has asked me to pop round later to see if I can get them to work. I'll report back later.

A mate of mine has just bought an 03 Passat that does not have the autowindows and he has asked me to pop round later to see if I can get them to work. I'll report back later.

Awesome, cheers man

Looking forward to the reply, a mate of mine has an 04 classic that has the feature but my 03 comfort doesn't seem to have it.

Same here mate. Im ok with computers however would be cool to get the confirmation before I try anything

Success, my mate now has autowindows working on his 03 Passat.

His Passat had the same CCM as my Octavia, 1C0 959 799 B. VDC pro or VAG COM will tell you which CCM you have.

Used VDC Pro to log in and change the serial eeprom values using the method on Passat World,

Passat World Forums - View Single Post - Window rollup/rolldown audi style without autowindow/alientech/volkswindow

Can't see why it wouldn't work on a Superb if you follow the same method?

Got VDC Pro (sometimes known as VDS Pro) from VAG Products when I bought a serial cable from them. They don't appear to be selling it now though. Its not free and I think there are some copyright issues with it at the moment which might be why its hard to find.

Edited by SimonJ

RIght, well then, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. No definitive answers here. I guess my pioneering spirit has to do something. Bought a cable, got the program and have the stupid blind optimism to go ahead and try this.

Once the cable arrives I'm digging out my old laptop and having a go. If successful I'll post a results along with a guide here for all to see .... even better if anyone is in the local area and wants a hand they can drop me a pm and may even offer to do it for them .... if it works.

If it's not a success though, be warned, I'll be holding all who replied to this thread responsible and you'll be hearing from my solicitor in due course.

If it's not a success though, be warned, I'll be holding all who replied to this thread responsible and you'll be hearing from my solicitor in due course.

There must be a way to delete my posts from this thread..............:P